One Size Fits All!Isn't it funny how, in this world of ever-increasing modernity, we want everything to be either bigger, better, and faster (think cars and televisions), and at the same time we're obsessed with small, compact, and portable things (think laptops and cell phones). Well, check this out - the Korg microKORG XL gives you both! That's right, it totally lives up to both the "micro" AND the "XL" in its name. First off, it just doesn't get more portable than this - at least, not with this kind of power the microKORG XL's packing. Under 3" thin and weighing in just over 4 lbs., the microKORG XL is small enough to fit comfortably into another keyboard case's accessory compartment. You don't even need AC - just six AAs will keep your microKORG XL running for hours. Now, let's talk big.
Synth, vocoder, effects monster - the Korg microKORG XL is simply HUGE on the inside. And this isn't some generic analog-sounding synth. The microKORG XL borrows a good chunk of the synth engine in the Korg RADIUS, hooking you up with 128 fantastic sounds that include the fat basses, blazing leads, and a whole dreamworld of pads. Three bog knobs and an easy-to-read LCD screen make calling up patches and settings stupid-easy live, and a editor/librarian lets you tweak and arrange your sounds from your computer. Stacks, layers, arpeggiators, even splits - nothing's out of reach for the microKORG XL! Seventeen killer KAOSS effects take sound creation beyond the reach of most full-sized synths. And then there's the 16-band vocoder (gooseneck mic included), which makes picking up a microKORG XL worthwhile all on its own.
Korg microKORG XL Portable Synthesizer/Vocoder Features:
- 8-voice Synthesizer with 16-band Vocoder
- "Big Brother" to the microKorg
- 37 new "natural touch" mini waterfall keys
- 128 sounds
- MMT sound engine (like Radias & R3)
- Also has PCM ROM for instrument emulation
- Compatibile with MS2000 and microKorg programs (via downloadable editing software)
- 2 master effects derived from Kaoss
- Delays are MIDI-clock syncable
- 17 effects algorithms
- 16-band vocoder
- Level and Pan individually adjustable per band
- Formant hold and Formant shift buttons
- Backlit LCD screen
- USB connection with Editor Librarian software
- Included Gooseneck microphone
- Runs on AC or 6 AA batteries (Approximate lifespan is 4 hours with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions: 21.89" x 9.09" x 2.87"
- 4.41 lbs.