Probably Today's Most Popular Synth... This One's HOT!If you're going to call ANYTHING a modern legend, the microKORG would definitely, absolutely fit that category. This mighty little synth is used by pretty much everyone who's into synths. It makes a killer "starter" synth - mostly because the big-time pros STILL use them onstage. Check it out. You've got 37 synth-action keys to get down to the sonic goods. And we mean goods. Since it's an analog-modeling synthesizer, you get those warm, fat tones you've been wanting - and at a sweet price too. The microKORG's easy hands-on layout puts you in touch with its 128 killer presets that cover pretty much every modern and classic synth sound.
But we know what else is intriguing you about this little guy. You've got your eye on the gooseneck microphone, hanging right over the top of the keys, just begging for you to start talking/singing/whatever. Yes, the microKORG sports a very cool 8-band vocoder that's more advanced than you might think. You can "freeze" the formants of your voice and basically just go out in one crazy direction. Factor in the built-in modulation effects, including chorus/flanger, phaser, and ensemble... and you've got a ton of cool sounds to explore.
Want to hook up other gear? Use the two external aux audio input jacks to run your iPod or other instruments through your microKORG's filter and effects... really, the possibilities with this classic beast are pretty much endless. And it's small enough to stick in your backpack and take to a buddy's house. Cool.
Korg microKORG 37-key Synthesizer/Vocoder Features at a Glance:
- Sound Generation Method: Analog Modeling Synthesis System
- Limited-edition black cosmetics
- Synthesizer Program: Multi Timbral=2 (max, Normal/Dual Mode)
- Voices: 4 voices
- Sound Source: 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator,
- Multi Mode Filter (-24dB/oct LPF, -12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF), EG x2, LFO x2, o Virtual Patch x4
- Vocoder Program: Voices = 4 voices
- Programs: 128 programs
- Effects: Modulation effects (3 types), Delay (3 types), 2-band Equalizer
- Arpeggiator: 6 types
- Keyboard: 37 Keys (mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- Inputs: AUDIO IN 1, and 2
- Level switch: LINE/MIC,
- Outputs: L/MONO, R and Headphones
- MIDI: IN, OUT and THRU
- Display: 3 characters x1 line with 8 segment LED
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 20.63"(W) x 9.02"(D) x 2.8"(H)
- Weight: 4.85 lbs.
- Accessories: AC adapter (DC 9 V, 600 mA), Condenser Microphone