All the Compression, None of the Color!What do Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and transparent optical compression all have in common? Answer: they'er all considered myths. Well, not all myths are untrue, and Grace Design proves the existence of truly colorless optical compression with their incredible m102 opto compressor. Packed in this simple, easy-to-use half-rack compressor is some of the most impressive circuitry to rock the recording world, including Grace's current-feedback transimpedance amplifiers and optical attenuator, which, when coupled with their transformerless design, provide you with totally crystal-clear compression.
What's so cool about transparent compression? Well, for one thing, you can couple a Grace m102 with an equally transparent preamplifier (say, for example, one of their m101 models) and get only the sound of your microphone or instrument, or you can pair it up with a delightfully warm vintage-style pre and get just the color of the preamp, plus all the compression you need. We're talking ALL of the compression you need, really. A full set of standard compressor controls (threshold, attack, decay, ratio, etc.) let you dial in exactly the level of compression you need. You just don't find that level of control on a typical opto compressor! What's more, the m102 features a sidechain input and stereo link, so you can get really crazy with your rig. What are you waiting for? Order your Grace Design m102 optical compressor from GearNuts.com today!
Grace Design m102 Single-channel Opto Compressor Features at a Glance:
- Elegantly simple, ultra-clean optical compressor that lets you level signal without distorting your sound
- DIal in anything form subtle dynamic control to heavy compression, without significantly altering your sound
- Comprehensive control set includes input level, threshhold, attack, release, ratio, and makeup gain
- Bright, easy-to-read 10-segment LED gain reduction meters
- Bi-color output peak LED lights green with signal present and red 8dB before clipping
- Dual balanced inputs and outputs on XLR and 1/4" TRS
- Precision audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- Heavy-duty laser-etched black anodized frontpanel
- Built in universal power supply
- 5-year transferable warranty on parts and labor
- Proudly made in the USA