Awesome Clarity from This Mic Pre!If you've got an awesome microphone, you want to HEAR it. In that case, you don't want a colorful preamp muddying up the tone of your great mic or voice. And that's exactly why you get the Grace Design m101. This is an extremely clean preamp with amazingly natural sound and clarity. You've heard the word transparent before, and if it ever applies to a piece of gear... it's this one. For flawless sound quality, the Grace Design m101 has a meticulous signal path through and through. Details are important here. And everything down to the 12-position gold-plated rotary gain switch was made with you in mind. Tell you the truth, you'll love having the 12-position gain switch, you can instantly recall whatever setting you used with that mic last time... rather than trying to guess at an infinitely adjustable knob. Makes a difference.
And if you own a ribbon mic, you're going to appreciate the ribbon mic mode - it bypasses the phantom power, naturally, and increases the input impedance so you get the best sound with your ribbon as possible. Got a guitar or bass? Plug one into the front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and you'll get clean, clear tone for days... thanks, Grace Design!
Grace Design m101 1-channel Microphone Preamplifier Features at a Glance:
- The audio signal path incorporates 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- 12-position gold plated rotary gain switch
- Higher performance output line driver amplifier and HPF amplifier
- Ribbon mic mode now included as standard - relay bypass of phantom power decoupling capacitors, increased input impedance and +48V lockout
- Wide 10-75dB gain range
- Enhanced RFI suppression
- Three output connectors: XLR balanced, 1/4" TRS balanced and 1/4" TS unbalanced
- Sealed gold contact relay for Hi-Z input switching
- Built in, universal linear power supply (no more "wall wart")
- LED indicators for +48V, ribbon mode, and HPF
- Bold new look