Look Ma, No Stand!Miking drums can be tricky, and you often end up with a "forest" of microphone stands around the kit, which can be awkward. Here's a clean, easy-to-mount solution! The Sennheiser e 908D delivers a clear, resonant sound, while its built-in shock absorber eliminates handling noise. Easily mounted and directed to the sound using a flexible boom and the clip supplied, the e 908D can be positioned optimally at the sound source. The e 908D includes an intelligent preamplifier with a multi-function LED for cable, phantom power and level check.
Sennheiser e 908D Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Specifically designed for drum miking
- Minimal handling noise and simple mounting
Specifically designed for drum miking
The Sennheiser e 908D is a pro pre-polarized condenser microphone designed for picking up drum sounds. Try it about one or two inches above the
drumhead, directed toward the center of the head. The fundamental-to-overtones ratio can be adjusted by changing the angle of the microphone. The most balanced
results are obtained at an angle of 30-60°. The e 908D's extended dynamic range and well-balanced frequency response deliver outstanding signal quality with excellent projection and the lowest possible distortion. The e 908D exhibits excellent directivity across the whole frequency range that enables the microphone to handle the highest signal levels without feedback.
Minimal handling noise and really simple mounting
The e 908D's lots of damping and shock mounting isolate the capsule from extraneous vibrations, impact, and handling noise. The long, flexible gooseneck enable the microphone to be optimally positioned on the drum. Due to their phantom powering capability, the e 908D is especially perfect for use with pro mixing mixers. Alternatively, it can be used with any evolution bodypack transmitter for wireless jobs.
The e 908D condenser microphone comes with multi-function MZH 908 D drum clamp.
Sennheiser e 908D Condenser Microphone Features:
- Exceptionally lively, clear sound
- Frequency response 40Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL 147dB
- Quick and flexible set-up; comes with perfect mounting clamp
- Optimal positioning with long-necked, flexible boom
- Integrated shock absorber eliminates handling noise
- Intelligent MZA 900 P in-line preamplifier (cable, phantom power and level check)
- Phantom power 12-48 volts
- Each e 908 variant can optionally be used with any Evolution Wireless bodypack transmitter