Everything You Need in a DJ Mixer!Here's what you NEED in order to DJ: a couple of decks (turntables, CD, MP3, whatever), a 2-channel mixer with a good EQ and filter section, tunes, talent, and a place to spin. Some of these mixers (and you've really got to love them) seriously look like they could fly the mothership. They're cool and all, and they cost a pretty penny too. If you don't have that kind of scratch, take heart - you can pull off a pretty sweet set with an Allen & Heath Xone:22 and still have change left over to pay rent.
Here's the deal. The Allen & Heath Xone:22 looks like a basic DJ mixer because it IS a basic DJ mixer. Don't let that fool you. As opposed to an entry-level mixer, the Xone:22 is built to 100% professional standards - a real Xone mixer all the way. It's got 18dB of built-in headroom and produces virtually no distortion, even when you hit it hard. In other words, it sounds amazing - not like some Electrode Hut piece of junk.
Then there's the EQ and filter section. This is where the Xone:22 really shines. You see, it's got a sort of Xone VCF Lite on it, which includes a steep highpass and lowpass filter, plus frequency and resonance controls. And its 3-band EQ goes down to total kill - not something you'd get from an entry-level mixer. Top it all off with a super-accurate 10-segment LED meter, and there's no doubt that this baby's got class. So, get yourself an Allen & Heath Xone:22 DJ mixer and get out there!
Allen & Heath Xone:22 2-channel DJ Mixer Features at a Glance:
- Professional club DJ mixer features in a basic format
- 2 x stereo channels with dual phono/line inputs
- Phono inputs can be configured to be line level
- VCF system offers lowpass and highpass filters, frequency sweep, and resonance controls
- 3-band full-cut EQ
- Soft-switched, FET-controlled external effects loop
- +18dB pro-standard headroom
- Low audio distortion
- +25dBu maximum output level
- Main mix output on balanced XLR
- 10-segment LED meters for accurate signal monitoring
- Cue mix control
- Cue to master switch
- Dedicated local monitor output (booth output)
- Record output
- MIC input on balanced XLR, with 2-band EQ
- Crossfader curve switch
- UV-sensitive ink screen for improved low-light legibility
- Universal voltage external power supply