For On-the-go Audio, Peavey's Got the Power You Need!If you're in charge of setting up full-scale sound in small- to medium-sized temporary locations, then the Peavey XR 1220 is a perfect powered mixer for you. First and foremost is the XR 1220's layout - a old school mixing console format that's really simple to operate for hours on end. But despite its less-compact form, the XR 1220 isn't unnecessarily bulky or heavy. In fact, thanks to revolutionary new Class D power amp technology, the XR 1220 weighs only about 25 lbs. What did Peavey leave out? Not a thing! Not only does the XR 1220 provide you with dual 600-watt outputs and a full 20 channels of in, but it also includes extra features and functions designed to make live mixing easier.
Each of the XR 1220's 20 channels includes a microphone preamplifier with an XLR input, and there are also stereo line-level inputs on the last two channels. That's easily enough in channels to handle a full-sized band. Dual monitor sends plus an effects send with built-in effects all have their own dedicated faders, which makes on-the-fly adjustments a snap. The EQ section is where things get even cooler. Each of the XR 1220's mono channels (channels 1-18) features a 4-band EQ with Peavey's Mid-morph function. EQing the midrange is the bane of many live engineers, which is what makes Mid-morph an incredibly useful function. Instead of cutting or boosting one frequency range, Mid-morph does both, adjusting the ratio of the high mids to the low mids. Turn it clockwise (up) and vocals become much more intelligible; turn it counterclockwise (down) and you instantly tame the harshness from overheads, amps, and brass.
The XR 1220 also offers a pair of 9-band graphic EQs. Even though you can make EQ adjustments manually, you're far from limited by your ears alone. Plug in an RTA microphone; you can instantly tune each amp to accommodate for the frequency response of the room. But that's not all. The XR 1220 also features Peavey's Feedback Ferret technology - a genuine lifesaver in just about any less-than-ideal environment. Plus, five different power amp modes (including a fully active subwoofer crossover) let you set up your system to best match the room in the first place. Together, all of these amazing features mean you can leave behind your rack full of power amps, graphic EQs, crossovers, and feedback suppressors - the Peavey XR 1220 takes care of everything!
Peavey XR 1220 Powered Mixer Features at a Glance:
- Ultra-lightweight design (only 25.57 lbs.)
- Mid-morph technology on mono input channels
- Digital effects
- Smooth 60mm faders
- 1/8" stereo auxiliary input
- Console-style mixer with dual Class D amplifiers
- 20 XLR microphone channels (2 with stereo line inputs - 1/4" on channel 19, RCA on channel 20)
- Dual 9-band graphic EQ (1/power amp) includes selectable Auto GEQ with dedicated RTA input
- 5 power amp modes, including fully active subwoofer crossover
- Feedback Ferret feedback suppressor onboard
- A 4-band EQ, 2 monitor sends, and an effects send on each input channel
- 2 monitor sends
- 2 x 1/4" and Speakon combination connectors per amp
- Each amp offers 600W program at 4 ohms (360W program at 8 ohms)
- Dedicated effects return fader