A Lightweight Amp with an Ultra-heavyweight Punch!Serious performance! Five decades of power amp innovation have been rolled into Crown's impressive new XLS Series of amps. Each amps features flexibility you'll appreciate, including multiple inputs, so you can plug in anything anything and play anywhere. First of all, these beasts each weigh less than 12 lbs. — compared to many 40-lb. competitors — yet they sport integrated crossovers, an cutting-edge switched-mode power supply, and Peak-x limiters to protect your entire Rig. All in all, engineered to meet the tweakiest of audio needs — yet priced to fit comfortably into any gigging band's budget — the XLS Series represents a intense argument for flexibility, performance, and value.
At the heart of each XLS Series power amp — the XLS 1000, the XLS 1500, the XLS 2000, and the XLS 2500 — is the integrated DriveCore technology. Class D amps are known for their high efficiency and for being well suited to drive difficult, reactive loads... such as subwoofers. Yet, one problem Class D amps have is that they can suffer impaired performance when they're being fed by unstable AC lines. To overcome this issue, Crown came up with DriveCore — it's a hybrid analog-digital integrated circuit that has an extremely wide tolerance of sagging or "dirty" AC line conditions. That means, even if you plug into an unreliable wall outlet, you can enjoy consistent performance without affecting audio quality. In short, demanding gear like lighting rigs and backline gear won't interfere with the sound — as it should be.
Other features on the XLS 2000 — which you're looking at now — include Crown's PureBand Crossover System. With this system, you can vary the crossover frequency, choosing any point between 50Hz and 3kHz on 1/12 octave centers. And with four crossover modes to go with from, you know your needs will be covered. Finally, the XLS 2000 features Crown's Peak-x limiters to help you achieve higher SPL with less audible artifacts. What it comes down to, is that you'll enjoy less distortion, less shutdowns, and max safe power delivered to your important speaker investments.
Crown XLS 2000 Power Amp Features at a Glance:
- Rocks 375W/channel at 8 ohms, 650W/channel at 4 ohms, 1300W at 8 ohms bridged
- XLR, 1/4", RCA ins provide outstanding flexibility
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs
- XLS High Performance, Lightweight Class D amp weighs less than 11 lbs.
- Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
- Peak-x Limiters provide max out while protecting your speakers
- Integrated PureBand Crossover Rig for better performance and control