Affordable Power from Crown!
At the heart of each XLS Series power amp — the XLS 1000, the XLS 1500, the XLS 2000, and the XLS 2500 — is the integrated DriveCore technology. Class D amps are known for their high efficiency and for being well suited to drive difficult, reactive loads... such as subwoofers. Yet, one problem Class D amps have is that they can suffer impaired performance when they're being fed by unstable AC lines. To overcome this issue, Crown came up with DriveCore — it's a hybrid analog-digital integrated circuit that has an extremely wide tolerance of sagging or "dirty" AC line conditions. That means, even if you plug into an unreliable wall outlet, you can enjoy consistent performance without affecting audio quality. In short, demanding toys like lighting rigs and backline gear won't interfere with the sound — as it should be.
Other features on the XLS 1500 — which you're looking at now — include Crown's PureBand Crossover System. With this rig, you can vary the crossover frequency, choosing any point between 50Hz and 3kHz on 1/12 octave centers. And with four crossover modes to go with from, you know your needs will be covered. Finally, the XLS 1500 features Crown's Peak-x limiters to help you achieve higher SPL with less audible artifacts. What it comes down to, is that you'll enjoy less distortion, less shutdowns, and max safe power delivered to your important speaker investments.
Crown XLS 1500 Power Amp Features at a Glance:
- XLS High Performance, Lightweight Class D amp weighs less than 11 lbs.
- Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel
- Integrated PureBand Crossover Rig for better performance and control
- XLR, 1/4", RCA ins provide outstanding flexibility
- Peak-x Limiters provide max output while protecting your speakers
- Rocks 300W/channel at 8 ohms, 525W/channel at 4 ohms, 1050W at 8 ohms bridged
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs