If You're Only Going to Get One Channel Strip...... the VoxBox would be a good one to get. Pros, the Manley VoxBox is a great addition to even the well-stocked studio, giving you a smorgasbord of sounds from a single 3U unit. For project studio folk, VoxBox offers up a solid multi-purpose preamp that will become your signature sound. So how does the VoxBox conjure all this sonic chicanery? Keep reading!
It all starts with VoxBox's mic pre from the hugely popular Mono Microphone Preamplifier, complete with a ton of headroom and pure Class A tube tone. It's the epitome of analog soul! And this isn't even close to the end of its tricks! The Pultec-style EQ is the perfect tool for gently shaping the sound. And like any good Pultec EQ, tracks sound better by simply being passed through its circuitry. The compressor section is loaded with features aped from Manley's Variable Mu and ELOP compressors. The end result is a compressor that can be used on anything with outstanding results. And we'll let you in on a secret: two VoxBox's together do wonderful things to stereo tracks! Rounding out the already impressive feature set is a limiter and de-esser section. When combined all together, these elements create the VoxBox, which is the among the pinnacle of channel strips.
Tubes Rule! That's the sentiment EveAnna Manley and Manley Labs screams from the mountain top. And judging from the way Manley Labs gear sounds, tubes could very well rule! All of Manley's gear is designed and crafted in Chino, CA, and nothing but premium components are used. The end result is some of the finest gear you can put in your rack. If you're serious about your sound, get Manley and hear what you've been missing!
Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Features at a Glance:
- Manley Transformers w/nickel laminations in mu-metal cases
- 2K ohm MIC INPUT Z w/High current 48V Phantom power built-in
- Hi-Z (100K) Direct Instrument Input
- LINE & INSERT INPUTS (balanced XLR & 1/4")
- PREAMP & EQ outputs LO-Z (50 ohm)
- Transformer balanced XLR output
- Transformerless unbalanced 1/4"outputs
- STEREO LINK for Compressor & De-esser/Limiter
- SIDE CHAIN MONITOR for De-Esser
- Large ILLUMINATED Sifam METER with FIVE readout modes
- THD + N (1kHz @ +20 dBu): 0.3%
- Maximum output: +31dBu
- De-Ess Notch Frequencies: 3, 6, 9, 12KHz
- Power Consumption: 24 watts
- Dimensions: 19" x 5.25" x 10" (occupies 3U)