This Controller Keyboard Lets You Rock Out!Don't hide behind your stack of synths, grab an Alesis Vortex MIDI keyboard controller and step into the spotlight where you belong. The Vortex is a keytar-style controller that adds a whole new dimension to the way you play keys. Its lightweight and superbly ergonomically design makes the Vortex tons of fun to play. In addition to its 37 highly responsive keys with aftertouch, the Vortex puts eight velocity-sensitive trigger pads at your fingertips for playing drums or launching clips.
Up on the neck, the Alesis Vortex gives you even more controls you can play with, including a volume slider, a pitch thumb wheel, and an assignable touch strip. Sustain, and octave-control buttons are also within easy reach. And check this out, there's even a an accelerometer built into the Vortex controller keyboard, so you can control modulation or whatever else you like by tilting it as you play.
If you're running a DAW for your virtual instrument rig, then you'll love the Vortex's onboard transport controls. Speaking of virtual instruments rigs, did we mention that the Vortex can control just about any MIDI-based synth, keyboard, or sound module? It's true! That's because Alesis gave it both a 5-pin MIDI output and a class-compliant USB-MIDI port. In fact, you can even hook your Vortex keyboard up to your iPad via the Apple Camera Connection Kit and play all of your favorite CoreMIDI-compatible iOS apps. How cool is that!?
Alesis Vortex Keytar-style MIDI Controller Keyboard Features at a Glance:
- Portable and lightweight shoulder-worn MIDI controller keyboard you can use with any MIDI rig
- Sleek, ergonomic design is easy to play and looks amazing
- USB and traditional 5-pin MIDI output jack lets you connect to virtually any synth, sound module, computer-based virtual instrument
- Class-compliant/CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI over USB lets you connect to your iPad via the Apple Camera Connection Kit
- 37 x velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch for for extra expression control
- 8 x velocity-sensitive drum pads/triggers let you create beats or launch clips
- Thumb-controlled volume slider and pitch-bend wheel are located within easy reach on the neck
- MIDI-assignable touchstrip, sustain, and octave-control buttons give your left hand even more control options
- Embedded, MIDI-assignable accelerometer lets you control parameters by tilting the neck
- Large transport and patch-select controls for instant access to advanced functions and DAW playback
- USB bus powered with optional DC power (adapter not included) or battery power when USB bus power isn't available
- Comes with adjustable strap, USB cable, software, and quickstart guide