Vintage Keys for Pro Tools LE!This purchase is fulfilled via electronic delivery from Digidesign's website. You will receive an email with an authorization code and download instructions after your purchase has been processed.
Digidesign Velvet electric piano virtual instrument faithfully reproduces the sound and feel of classic Rhodes and Wurlitzer electric pianos and packages them nicely in an easy-to-use graphic interface. You get over 100 presets, and sounds can easily be tweaked with controls for overall timbre, dynamic response, and velocity curve of each model. Velvet offers up a ton of built-in processors to tailor the sound to your desires with a preamplifier with tube overdrive, compression, and 3-band EQ, plus distortion, wah/filter, modulation, and Echoplex delay. Play awesome classic electric pianos right into your Pro Tools rig with Digidesign's Velvet!
Digidesign Velvet Electric Piano Virtual Instrument at a Glance:
- Strong preamplifier section
- Simple to use, just like the originals
- Realistic electric piano sounds and features
- Dynamic modeling features amazing feel
Dynamic modeling offers incredible feel
Most virtual instruments use either a sampling technique (every note is real) or a modeling technique (the behavior is more realistic) to emulate sounds and maintain performance efficiency. Digidesign's Velvet employs proprietary dynamic modeling, a one-of-a-kind combination of optimized sampling and modeling techniques, allowing it to achieve incredibly accurate recreations of classic electric piano sounds with superior playing feel and dynamic response. You can even pull off sounds you'd normally only hear when playing the genuine instrument, from the faintness of the lightest pianissimo to the note splat of the strongest fortissimo.
Realistic electric piano sounds and features
Velvet provides unprecedented control over the sound characteristics with such realism it's as if you were playing a genuine electric piano. Turn up the tube drive controls in the preamplifier section to warm up your tone. Adjust the timbre, dynamic response, and velocity curve to customize the playing feel. Craft your ideal sound using the built-in multi-effects processing engine, and adjust the tuning. Even mix in the sound of pedal and other keyboard mechanical noises to recreate a truly realistic electric piano feel.
Simple to use, just like the originals
Whether you want to use one of the over 100 included professional-sounding electric piano presets or make something one-of-a-kind, dialing up the perfect electric piano sound is simple. Just select a preset and adjust away! The plug-in's graphic user interface is reminiscent of classic electric pianos, making it familiar if you've ever played the genuine deal. And its controls work virtually almost like the originals, allowing you to easily modify sounds at the twist of a knob or notch of a slider.
Intense preamplifier section
Velvet features a built-in preamplifier and effects to add a contemporary spin on a classic. Its rocking preamplifier section lets you shape your electric piano sound, and includes tube overdrive, compression, and a custom 3-band EQ with a parametric mid band. Process your sound further using a bunch of distortion, wah/filter, chorus, flanger, phaser, and tape delay effects — modeled after the classic originals — to emulate a classic sound or forge something new. You can even capture the perfect vibe by adding tremolo and autopan effects, which are modeled after those on the original electric pianos.
Digidesign Velvet Electric Piano Virtual Instrument Features:
- Highly accurate emulations of four mythical electric pianos: The Fender Rhodes Suitcase, Fender Rhodes MK I and MK II Stage Pianos, and the Wurlitzer A200
- One-of-a-kind combination of high-definition sampling and a proprietary dynamic modeling technique delivers the ultimate electric piano experience
- Groundbreaking proprietary engine allows for unprecedented dynamic resolution and response
- Faithful reproductions of electric pianos, including signature sounds when keys are hit forcefully
- Unprecedented control over the sound characteristics, including the one-of-a-kind ability to add the sound of the keyboard mechanics to the output signal
- Easily adjust the overall timbre, dynamic response, and velocity curve of each model for a range of classic and contemporary electric piano sounds
- Rocking preamplifier section with tube overdrive, compression, and custom 3-band EQ with a parametric mid band
- Flexible, dedicated tremolo and autopan effects precisely modeled after those on the original Rhodes and Wurlitzer electric pianos
- Built-in pro multi-effects processing engine features stunningly realistic reproductions of classic distortion, wah/filter, modulation, amp, and delay effects-including an emulation of the classic Echoplex delay
- Over 100 electric piano presets build a basis for faithful reproductions of the mythical classic-as well as modern-electric piano sounds.
- MIDI Learn functionality allows for easily mapping plug-in parameters to MIDI instruments and controllers
- Familiar, easy-to-use graphic user interface reminiscent of the classic electric pianos
- Highly optimized RTAS instrument for Pro Tools HD 7, Pro Tools LE 7, and Pro Tools M-Powered 7 software