A Dose of Analog Tape MojoNOTE: You need an iLok 2 to use this.
Do your digital recordings sound lifeless? Juice 'em with the Slate Digital's Virtual Tape Machines plug-in. Modeled on two primo-sounding analog tape recorders - a 2" 16-track and a 1/2" mastering machine - Virtual Tape Machines lets your tracks come alive with analog warmth, richness, and punch. Plug-in gurus Fabrice Gabriel and Steven Slate had a hand in the development of VTM, so you know it's the "reel" deal. Treat individual elements - or your entire mix. Control tape speed, bias, wow and flutter, and even change tape formulations. Nail tape saturation and awesome tape slap effects. If you've got lackluster digital tracks, punch 'em up with Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines.
Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines Plug-in Features at a Glance:
- Modeled on tape machine types: 2" 16-track and a 1/2" mastering deck
- Two tape formulations
- Two tape speeds: 15 ips and 30 ips
- Noise reduction control and auto mute
- Wow & Flutter control
- Bass alignment control
- Normal, Low & High Bias settings
- Level Calibration
- VU ballistics
- Grouping control
- Settings global or per channel
- Tape reels start and stop in sync with your DAW's transport