Double the Overdrive Fun!What's better than a premium overdrive pedal by Truetone? How about two of them? That's pretty much what you get when you pick up a VS-XO dual overdrive pedal. Both of the VS-XO's channels offer independent Drive, Tone, and Volume controls, as well as individual footswitches and I/O. Despite these similarities, these two channels feature significantly different sonic characters.
With its more focused midrange, the right channel offers up a more vintage overdrive vibe. A 3-way bass switch lets you shape the contour of your low end, and another 3-way switch lets you select from three differently voiced diode clipping circuits. Thanks to a clean blend knob, you can go as over the top as you like with the right channel and still preserve your transients and picking dynamics. By contrast, the VS-XO's left channel is a more full-range overdrive. By combining this channel's tone control and its bass control, you can easily dial in a more scooped distortion reminiscent of the kind of California-made amps hard rockers and metal players dig.
Surprisingly enough, these two separate channels can cascade together beautifully to give you a monstrously fat and expressive overdrive tone. Because each channel has its own I/O, you can easily incorporate your VS-XO into your switching rig or wire other effects between each overdrive. Internal routing also makes it so that you don't need to physically patch the channels together if you want to use the VS-XO like an ordinary overdrive stompbox. You can even switch the order of the two channels as you like. And to top it all off, Truetone included a Pure Tone buffer into the VS-XO's true-bypass design, which you can set to switch on or off with each channel.
Truetone VS-XO Premium Dual Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal Features at a Glance:
- The perfect overdrive pedal for serious tone tweakers and live performers
- Two independent channels let you dial in separate tones/gain stages and stack them in any order you like
- Drive, Tone, and Volume controls for each channel give you tons of control over your basic overdrive tone
- Focused midrange with 3-way tone control, 3-way diode clipping style switch, and clean blend control provide extra options over the right channel's sound
- Bass knob allows you to beef up the sound of the left channel
- Independent I/O for either channel lets you loop in other effects or integrate both channels separately into your pedal switching system
- Gold-plated relays and special circuitry designed by RG Keen keep all switching silent
- True-bypass switching keeps your signal pure, but you set either channel to enable or disable a Pure Tone buffer if you want