The Leading Line-array!While intended for smaller venues than the VerTec series, the VRX932LAP Active Constant Curvature Line Array is designed and made to the same high standards and uses the same cutting-edge, concert-proven drivers. The VRX932LAP delivers extraordinary clarity, flexibility and, naturally, stunning JBL sound in an spectacular, really simple to handle and value-packed package. The VRX932LAP is a perfect fit for medium-sized venues that don't want to sacrifice sound quality just because they're not as big as other pro facilities. For small power, it's the VRX932LAP.
JBL VRX932LAP Active Line Arrays at a Glance:
- Lightweight and made for smaller venues
- Powered with awesome sound
- Flexible mounting options
Lightweight and made for smaller venues
The VRX932LAP is a lightweight (52 lb.) small 12" two-way powered line array speaker rig designed for use in arrays of up to six units. VRX932LAP is the ideal choice when line-array performance is needed but the venue size doesn't call for the completely long-throw characteristics of larger line-arrays such as JBL's VerTec.. The Constant Curvature waveguide mounts two compression drivers on a continuous arc. When more VRX932LAP speakers are added to the array the uninterrupted arc continues. In effect, all the drivers work together as if they were one driver on a totally long waveguide.
Awesome power handling and sound
Since there are three HF drivers in each VRX932LA, the combined power handling and acoustic out of the system is far greater than one driver could achieve. VRX932LAP uses "amplitude shading" to shape the coverage of the array. Switches on the in plate allow, for example, the upper box in an array to reach the distant rear of a room while the lower box is shaded back to reduce excessive level at the front of the listening area.
Flexible mounting options
One or two VRX932LAPs may also be used on a tripod or over the VRX915S subwoofer. The built-in rigging hardware is used to securely lock the array together. As many as six VRX932LAP speaker systems may be suspended in one array for a nominal vertical coverage of up to 90°. Suspended jobs require the JBL VRX932LAP-SMAF array frame (available separately). For jobs in which the array must be aimed sharply down, a second Array Frame may be installed to the bottom of the array serving as a pull-back.
JBL VRX932LAP Active Line Arrays Features:
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)1: 57 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB)1: 75 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage Pattern: 100° x 15° nominal
- Power Rating Active: 1750 W peak, 875 W continuous
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2262H 12 in Differential Drive woofer with neodymium-magnet, dual voice-coils and magnetic gap.
- HF Driver: 3 x JBL 2407J, 1.5 in voice-coil, neodymium compression driver
- Nominal Impedance: Passive: 8 ohm
- Active Tunings: Tunings available at www.jblpro.com
- Enclosure: 25/15mm, 11-ply birch plywood.
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line array frame kit; M-10 Eyebolt Kit
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustically transparent foam
- In Connectors: XLR with loop through
- Power Rating (Continuous/Peak): 875W / 1750W
- Frequency Response: 75 Hz - 20 kHz (±3 dB)
- Dimensions: 13.5in x 23.5in x 17.5in