Give Your Low-end a Boost!The VRX918SP powered subwoofer delivers extraordinary power handling, clarity, flexibility and, naturally, stunning JBL sound in an stunning, really simple to handle and value-packed package. The VRX918SP is a perfect fit for medium-sized venues that don't want to sacrifice sound quality just because they're not as big as other pro facilities. In fact, it's been made to the same high standards as JBL's VerTec Series, and it uses the same concert-proven drivers. For small power, it's the JBL VRX918SP.
JBL VRX918SP Powered Flying Subwoofer at a Glance:
- Flexible mounting options
- Lightweight and made for smaller venues
- Enclosure made for optimum performance
Lightweight and made for smaller venues
The VRX918SP is a small, high power suspendable subwoofer rig containing a 2265G-1 neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The VRX918SP was designed specifically for use in arrays with the VRX928LA Line Array speaker and VRX-SMAF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX918SP subwoofers.
Flexible mounting options
The rig offers complete in connection flexibility for compatibility with a bunch of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2 to be routed to the woofer. Equally at home in ground stacked jobs, the VRX918SP is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This fully adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 36 mm pole sockets. The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
Enclosure made for optimum performance
The enclosure is made of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish and is heavily braced to maximize low frequency performance. The great-looking CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide more driver protection and give a completely pro appearance. The rear of the enclosure is fitted with T-nuts which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
JBL VRX918SP Powered Flying Subwoofer Features:
- Built-in JBL DrivePack DPC-2 amp module designed in conjunction with Crown offers 1500 Watts of peak Power. DSP based resident input module has system optimization, EQ and crossover functionality.
- 18 inch, 2268FF dual voice coil, neodymium magnet Differential Drive woofer for high-power capacity and light weight
- Built-in rigging hardware for brain-dead simple connection of enclosures and optional array frame
- 20 mm threaded pole socket for solid, secure satellite speaker mounting
- Large port area for reduced distortion
JBL VRX918SP Powered Flying Subwoofer Specifications:
- Powered 18" Subwoofer
- System Type: 18" bass-reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 31 Hz - 220 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 34 Hz - 220 Hz
- In Connection Modes: Selectable, +1/-1 or +2/-2
- Power Rating (Continuous1 / Program / Peak): 800 W / 1600 W / 3200 W
- Max SPL2: 130 dB SPL peak
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: dbx DriveRack, all models. Settings available at www.jblpro.com
- Mounting: Top mounted M20 threaded socket for optional SS4-BK pole
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line array frame kit or M-10 eyebolt kit
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing.
- In Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in
- Net Weight: 85 lb