Beef Your Low End!While intended for smaller venues than the VerTec series, the VRX918S is designed and made to the same high standards and uses the same cutting-edge, concert-proven drivers. The VRX918S delivers extraordinary power handling, clarity, flexibility and, naturally, stunning JBL sound in an great-looking, really simple to handle and value-packed package. The VRX918S is a perfect fit for medium-sized venues that don't want to sacrifice sound quality just because they're not as big as other pro facilities. For small power, it's the VRX918S.
JBL VRX918S Line Arrays at a Glance:
- Enclosure made for optimum performance
- Lightweight and made for smaller venues
- Flexible mounting options
Lightweight and made for smaller venues
The VRX918S is a small, high power suspendable subwoofer rig containing a 2265G-1 neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The VRX918S was designed specifically for use in arrays with the VRX928LA Line Array speaker and VRX-SMAF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX918S subwoofers.
Flexible mounting options
The system offers complete in connection flexibility for compatibility with a wide range of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2 to be routed to the woofer. Equally at home in ground stacked jobs, the VRX918S is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This totally adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 36 mm pole sockets. The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
Enclosure made for optimum performance
The enclosure is made of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish and is heavily braced to maximize low frequency performance. The great-looking CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide more driver protection and give a totally pro appearance. The rear of the enclosure is fitted with T-nuts which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
JBL VRX918S Subwoofer Features:
- System Type: 18" bass-reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 31 Hz - 220 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 34 Hz - 220 Hz
- Input Connection Modes: Selectable, +1/-1 or +2/-2
- Power Rating (Continuous1 / Program / Peak): 800 W / 1600 W / 3200 W
- Max SPL2: 130 dB SPL peak
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: dbx DriveRack, all models. Settings available at www.jblpro.com
- Mounting: Top mounted M20 threaded socket for optional SS4-BK pole
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line array frame kit or M-10 eyebolt kit
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with
- acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in
- Net Weight: 81 lb