The Sound of Your Studio, Anywhere!
How does it work? Simple. The VRM software sits on top of the output of your DAW, applying Focusrite's amazing virtual reference monitoring physical modeling to the mix to give you a realistic monitoring image of your sound - none of that uber-wide and phase-independent spread you get from phones. And since the VRM Box has S/PDIF input, you can even use it with Pro Tools systems like Pro Tools 8 and earlier or Pro Tools HD that require their own hardware. Pretty slick, huh? Now you can get the monitoring sound you need wherever and (more importantly) whenever you need it!
Focusrite VRM Box Virtual Reference Monitoring Interface Features at a Glance:
- Onboard VRM (Virtual Reference Monitoring) lets you hear the sound of your mix being played over a pair of professional studio monitors in a controlled environment - right in your headphones
- Supports sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz via USB or S/PDIF input
- 108dB dynamic range
- USB 2.0 for connectivity and bus power
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- Stereo Headphone output on 1½4" TRS
- Analogue headphone output level control
- Supports Windows (XP with service pack 3, Vista, and 7) and Mac OS X (OS X 10.5 Leopard (Intel only), OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard)
- Dimensions: 2.7" x 1" x 2.7"
- Weight: 4.33 oz.