Click for Video & Audio Demos:
- Wide range of COSM-modeled guitars and amplifiers
- Control switching between virtual guitars and/or amps by foot controllers, buttons/knobs, or your picking dynamics
- Includes GK-3 pickup
- Guitar-to-MIDI converter and other user-requested features
- Designed for simple control onstage
- Really simple alternate tunings
The VG-99 contains an incredible range of COSM-modeled guitars and amps including new electric, acoustic and bass guitar models, a new GR-300 synth wave, and much more. It even models two signal paths at once. Complete dual processing of guitar modeling on the VG-99 lets you play two different guitar sounds at once. For example, one virtual guitar could be a Telecaster in a classic Tweed amp with full effects and the other a nylon-string guitar with just a hint of reverb.
Both modeled guitar and amp paths can be active at the same time, or they can be dynamically switched or blended. You can control the switching behavior between virtual guitars and/or amps by foot controllers, buttons/knobs on the unit, or according to your picking dynamics. Imagine, for example, playing softly for an acoustic-guitar sound, and transitioning to a full metal blast simply by picking more aggressively. Furthermore, each modeled guitar can be separately assigned to individual guitar-strings. For example, you could have a 12-string guitar on 1st to 4th string and Synth-bass for 5th and 6th.
The VG-99 can produce custom tunings - anything the player desires on any virtual guitar. A virtual Les Paul, for example, could be tuned down four or five steps for a heavy sound, while a nylon string could be tuned as a 12-string, and also tuned down four or five steps at the same time. Open and drop tunings are also supported plus user defined custom tunings and can be applied to any COSM guitar, so the player can switch instantly between tuning setups without physically switching guitars or having to manually retune.
Guitar Performance in Higher Dimension
With its new performance based design, the VG-99 can be placed within a player's really simple reach on stage by using an optional PDS-10 stand. This new style setup allows various new performance possibilities such as D BEAM, Ribbon Controller and more. In combination with the versatile new foot controller FC-300, the VG-99 takes your guitar performance onstage to a whole new dimension.
You asked for it, now Roland delivers the most-requested new features in the VG-99, including an built-in guitar-to-MIDI converter for direct connection to keyboards, sound modules, soft synths, etc. Audio out via USB or S/PDIF digital out, and optional RAD-99 rackmount adapter further enhance your music production environment. Made in stereo XLR and 1/4" outputs are ideal for live stage performances and touring. The striking new on-screen editor makes programming the VG-99 super simple and fun.
Roland VG-99/GK-3 System Features:
- Guitar Guitar Effects Modeling System with included GK-3 pickup
- Dual modeling engines allow guitar and amp models to be dynamically switched, layered and combined
- New COSM electric, acoustic and even bass guitar models, and new synth waves such as the famous GR-300
- Guitar-to-MIDI converter for direct connection to keyboards, sound modules, soft synths, computers, and other MID compatible devices
- Supports USB audio and MIDI for simple digital recording and sequencing
- Dual GT-Pro-class effects processor enables unequalled flexible tone creation.
- Cutting-edge performance controls, including D BEAM, V-LINK, and Ribbon Controller take guitar performance to a whole new level
- Brain-dead really simple and brain-dead simple knob based interface and new design support live performance
- Graphical Editor software included to support sophisticated sound making.
- Versatile I/O including USB, S/PDIF, and XLR provide pro connections for stage and studio recording