Primo Solo Instrument Samples!Just so you know... This item requires an iLok.
Note: this is not a physical soundcard; Soundcard is the name given to the sound library.
Ultimate Sound Bank's IRCAM Solo Instruments is a superb collection of acoustic solo instruments, developed during ten years of intensive collaboration with the renowned IRCAM music research and development institute. With IRCAM Solo Instruments, you get a wealth of essential sounds from sixteen instruments, including rare playing techniques, all played by carefully selected, world-class musicians. In addition, all instruments were meticulously captured and preserved in 24-bit/44.1kHz format with expression and playability chiefly in mind. Inject your orchestrations with a new level of class and realism and experience Ultimate Sound Bank's IRCAM Solo Instruments.
Ultimate Sound Bank IRCAM Solo Instruments at a Glance:
- Compatible with any DAW via free UVI Workstation or MachFive Sampler
- Instruments played by carefully selected musicians
- Features rare playing techniques in addition to standard techniques
- Includes sixteen solo instruments
- The result of ten years of research and development
The result of ten years of research and development
IRCAM Solo Instruments has been in development for more than ten years between the famous IRCAM research department and Ultimate Sound Bank. The idea was to make the ultimate solo instruments sound collection - and to incorporate the best musicians, artistic directions, engineers, and toys possible. All instruments were recorded using Prism converters with premium microphones. The sounds in the collection are the ones recorded via the close-proximity mono channel, so it's really simple to add external effects, such as convolution reverb. All sounds are stored in 24-bit/44.1khz high resolution.
Includes sixteen solo instruments
The instruments included in Ultimate Sound Bank's IRCAM Solo Instruments are the violin, the viola, the cello, the contrabass, the flute in C, the oboe, the clarinet, the bassoon, the alto saxophone, the French horn, the trumpet, the trombone, the bass tuba, the accordion, the guitar, and the harp.
Instruments played by carefully selected musicians
To achieve their original goal, Ultimate Sound Bank and IRCAM set out to bring in extraordinarily talented, virtuoso solo musicians. The esteemed musicians involved in the Ultimate Sound Bank IRCAM Solo Instruments collection range from international prize winners to top ensemble players throughout the world.
Features rare playing techniques in addition to standard techniques
The Ultimate Sound Bank IRCAM Solo Instruments collection brings you not just the old school sounds of each of the sixteen instruments, but also a host of rare playing techniques. Techniques include aeolian, hit-on-body, multiphonic, buzz, crushed, and more, giving you a wealth of ways to add expression to your orchestrations. All of the many presets have been carefully programmed with expressive key-switches and cross-fading techniques.
Compatible with any DAW via free UVI Workstation or MachFive Sampler
You can use the premier sounds in Ultimate Sound Bank's IRCAM Solo Instruments within any popular DAW. In fact, you can get Ultimate Sound Bank's UVI Workstation as a free download. It's compatible with AU, VST, RTAS, and MAS plug-in formats. It also works as a standalone jobs. UVI Workstation offers a Smart Browser, tempo syncing, simple previewing, MIDI-mapping, unlimited effects and disk streaming, intelligent use of CPU resources, and more. It even comes with a host of built-in effects, including excellent convolution reverb. UVI Workstation is compatible with both Macs and PCs. Alternatively, you can also use all the sounds from Ultimate Sound Bank's IRCAM Solo Instruments with the MOTU MachFive sampler.
Ultimate Sound Bank IRCAM Solo Instruments Features:
- Includes 16 solo instruments: violin, viola, cello, contrabass, flute in C, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, alto saxophone, French horn, trumpet, trombone, bass tuba, accordion, guitar, and harp.
- Features standard and rare playing techniques
- 24-bit/44.1kHz resolution samples
- Samples are recorded in close-proximity mono
- All samples recorded with premium microphones through Prism converters
- Sounds can function as an AU/VST/RTAS/MAS plug-in with free UVI Workstation
- Also compatible with MOTU MachFive Sampler
- iLok Key required
- 1GB RAM, 15GB free space, DVD ROM Drive
- Mac: OSX 10.3.9 or higher, G4/G5 (1.5 GHz minimum) or Intel
- PC: Windows XP, 2 GHz Pentium IV or better CPU