Portable! Affordable! Incredible! Get It!There are a few things you have to look out for in a portable recording interface: it has to be small, bus powered, and built to take a beating. TASCAM's US-122mkII is all of these things and more. It's built with a solid aluminum shell so it can shake off the occasional nasty bump, and it's little enough to fit in with your laptop easily. Not only is the US-122mkII USB bus powered so you don't need to carry that huge orange extension cord anymore, but it actually sounds good too — a truly rare combination.
The US-122mkII also gives you all kinds of inputs, so you don't have to deal with adapters or a ton of extra gear. It's got two XLR inputs with phantom power, so you can use any kind of microphone, 1/4" inputs for line- and instrument-level gear, and even MIDI for keyboards. It's even got zero-latency hardware monitoring, so you can track guitars without going nuts. And because the US-122mkII comes with Cubase LE5, you can start recording right away without dropping more cash on recording software.
TASCAM US-122mkII 2x2 USB 2.0 Audio Interface Features at a Glance:
- Slim, rugged, and lightweight aluminum frame travels well
- 2 XLR microphone inputs with phantom power ready for almost any microphone
- 2 analog line inputs (1 switchable to hi-Z for use with guitars, basses, etc.)
- 1 MIDI input, 1 MIDI output
- USB 2.0 and bus-powered for use with any PC or Mac, including laptops
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz for high quality recordings
- RCA monitor outputs and headphone/level control
- Zero latency hardware monitoring
- Includes Steinberg Cubase LE5 48-track recording software