Way-portable Acoustic Bass... Sounds Like an Upright!Heads up! This version of the Kala Spruce Top U-Bass is fretless.
If you closed your eyes and heard the Kala U-Bass, you may think you're listening to a real-deal acoustic upright bass. When you opened them and saw this pint-sized package, you may think someone was pulling a trick on you. But that's not the case here. The Kala U-Bass has been known to have a surprisingly close sound to an upright bass. Big things do come in small packages! To get that great tone, Kala gave this U-Bass an solid spruce top to add air to its solid mahogany back and sides. Another classic tonewood, rosewood, makes up the fingerboard and bridge. If you're a bassist on the go... traveling, backpacking, whatever - don't leave your music at home. Take the U-Bass with you. And if you happened to get a gig along the way? Use the built-in Shadow piezo pickup system to plug in and play!
Kala Fretless Spruce Top U-Bass Acoustic-electric Bass Travel Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Acoustic-electric bass travel guitar
- Solid spruce top
- Solid mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard and rosewood bridge
- 20" scale, tuned to traditional EADG
- Strung with proprietary polyurethane strings
- Offers much of the sound of an upright bass
- Extremely portable (meets carry-on standards)
- Features custom hipshot tuners for tuning stability
- passive Shadow pickup system with 4 individual piezo elements