The Ultimate Grab-and-go Bass!Sick of lugging around a huge bass guitar? Ditch that clunky axe and pick up a 21"-scale Kala Solid-Body U-Bass. Just like the original acoustic-style Kala U-Bass, the Solid-Body U-Bass lets you get the huge bass sound you crave, without the huge bass. Even tucked away in its padded gig bag, the Solid-Body U-Bass is small enough to carry with you when you fly. How does it work? Simple - Kala developed these awesome polyurethane strings that deliver the kind of deep resonance that makes you think of the sound an upright bass makes.
Still cooler, the Solid-Body U-Bass features an onboard MI SI ALIGN active preamp. First off, bonus points for going totally green on the pickup system. But even if you don't care about the environmentally friendly side of this battery-free active pickup system, you've got to love the fact that it charges in about a minute. A single charge lasts for about eight hours. And the hits keep coming. There's the self-lubricating Graph Tech Black TUSQ nut and the custom HIPSHOT tuners, both of which are designed to give you years and years of worry-free (and fun-filled) playing.
Kala Solid-body U-Bass Features at a Glance:
- 4-string model
- Satin Black finish
- Environmentally friendly battery-free MI-SI ALIGN active preamp system
- Preamp charges in 60 seconds for up to 8 hours of playing time
- Volume control and 2-band EQ
- Custom HIPSHOT tuners
- GRAPH TECH Black TUSQ self-lubricating nut
- Proprietary polyurethane strings produce incredible bottom end
- Meets all airline carry-on requirements
- Made in the U.S.A
- Deluxe gig bag with backpack straps included