Get "To Die For" Onstage Tone!Plugging your bass or acoustic straight into the board does one thing really well: it sucks out the life from your tone!! And if you've been wise enough to grab a Direct Box to get a balanced signal for your longer cable runs, you've probably figured out that not all DIs are created equal. That's why true tone-lovers keep turning to Avalon's U5. It's a high-voltage DI/preamp for any instrument you want to throw at it — acoustic guitars, bass guitars, keyboards... name it — and it's built by the minds behind plenty of the best studio preamps in the world. All in all, with the Avalon U5 in your arsenal, you'll come to expect smooth, musical detail from your guitar or bass, plus a ton of tonal control. Long story short: this is the pro-quality DI you've been begging for! This limited-edition version sports a sleek black finish and blue lights.
Avalon U5 Limited 15th Anniversary Edition Instrument DI and Preamplifier Features at a Glance:
- Circuit topology: 100%-discrete, high-voltage Class A
- Gain: Switched 3dB steps (maximum gain +30dB)
- Input impedance: 3-Mohm unbalanced (single ended)
- Maximum input level: +24dBu unbalanced, 400w speaker input
- output connectors: 2 x XLR (pin 2 hot, electronic balanced)
- Maximum output level (Class A): +30dBu DC coupled, balanced 600 ohms (mic and line out)
- Headphone output: 0.5W/600 ohms
- Noise 20kHz unweighted: -100dBu minimum gain position
- Distortion THD, IMD: 0.1% at +10dB
- Frequency response, -/+0.5dB: 5Hz-100kHz
- Frequency response, -3dB: 1Hz-500kHz (input band limited)
- High cut filter: -3dB at 8kHz minimum phase design
- Tone selector: 6-position rotary switch (all passive filters)
- AC power: Internal toroidal AC supply
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 3.5" x 12"
- Weight-Packed: 12 lbs.
- Optional rackmount kits available for single and dual unit mounting