More Pre for Less Cash!PreSonus's TubePre V2 is proof that you don't need to spend a lot of cash to get a great sounding preamp. There's a world of killer tone packed into this remarkably affordable pre. First, there's the TubePre V2's input section, which comes loaded with one of PreSonus's award-winning XMAX Class A solid-state preamps. Even if you've never heard of this preamplifier, you've certainly heard it in action - XMAX preamps are in recording studios all over the world! What's so awesome about TubePre V2's XMAX preamp is that it's incredibly clean, which is something you don't typically find in an affordable mic pre.
But isn't the TubePre V2 a tube amplifier? Not exactly.... Actually, what PreSonus did when they designed the TubePre V2 is a lot cooler than what you'll find in an average tube preamplifier - they built its 12AX7 tube into a separate gain circuit that comes after the preamp. This lets you get a great clean sound first, and then blend in as much tube warmth as you like. And talk about tonal range - with a twist of a knob, you can take the TubePre V2's sound from super clean to total tube saturation. And it gets even better.
To make the TubePre V2 as versatile as possible, PreSonus also gave it a separate hi-Z instrument input, which perfectly matches the output of your guitar or bass. Plug straight into the TubePre V2 and mix in the tube circuit for a massive range of instrument tone. It's a great way to add a touch of breakup to your guitar or to totally fuzz out your bass. Got active pickups? No problem. There's a 20dB pad you can kick in to tame unruly levels.
While they were at it, PreSonus must have decided to toss every bell and whistle they could dig up into the TubePre V2, because it also comes loaded with a highpass filter, phase switch, and 48V phantom power for your condenser mics. Top all of that off with a genuine VU meter for monitoring, and the TubePre V2 gives you all of the truly useful functions you'd expect from a high-dollar preamp. If you want to get more for your money, then the choice is obvious. Get your PreSonus TubePre V2 from GearNuts.com today!
PreSonus TubePre V2 Compact Single-channel Microphone Preamplifier and DI Features at a Glance:
- A value-packed portable preamp that lets you dial in vibrant tube tone
- XMAX Class A preamp input stage gives you clean and clear sound
- 12AX7-driven dual-servo vacuum tube output stage lets you blend in tube saturation to taste
- Switchable 48V phantom power provides compatibility with any kind of microphone
- Separate hi-Z instrument input allows you to directly plug in your guitar or bass
- 80Hz highpass filter lets you roll off troublesome low frequencies
- 20dB pad accommodates extra hot sound sources and signal levels
- Polarity-reverse switch lets you fix phase issues at the source
- Backlit VU meter with LED clip indicator makes it easy to keep an eye on your levels
- Rackmountable 1/3U chassis is also perfect for tabletop use