That's One Big-sounding Orange!Pick up a 2-channel Orange Thunderverb 50 Head and get off-the-charts boutique guitar amp sound that's absolutely packed with killer tube tone. It's 50-watt design and built-in variable attenuator lets you push the Thunderverb 50 Head hard enough to overdrive its power tubes without causing your ears to bleed. What's more, the variable attenuator lets you record with the same tone that you play with live, without running the risk of destroying your gear or killing your mics. That makes the Thunderverb 50 Head an invaluable tool both on stage and in the studio.
When you play live with the Thunderverb 50 Head, you have several incredible tone-shaping options. Three footswitch inputs make it simple to instantly switch between playing styles. One footswitch lets you jump between attenuated and the full sound of the Thunderverb 50 Head's out. If you're familiar with using the gain knob on your guitar to hit your tubes with varying intensity, this is a killer way to make sure you get the right amount of breakup at the output volume you want.
Another footswitch lets you kick in or out the spring style reverb that puts the "verb" in the Thunderverb 50 Head's name. And what would a 2-channel amp be without an instant way to jump between the clean A channel and the dirty B channel? The A channel offers up a wide tonal range that revives some of the qualities of the earliest clean-style Orange amps. The B channel delivers bone-crushing punch and screaming drive! By using the Thunderverb 50 Head's new shape control, you can scoop some of the mids and pile up the bass and treble, or you can tap into the 3-band EQ (the same on the Rockerverb series) and dial in your signature tone.
Orange Thunderverb 50 Head 2-channel All-tube Guitar Amplifier Features at a Glance:
- Super-versatile guitar amplifier head that gives you a massive range of tube tone
- Footswitchable channel selection lets you instantly go from glassy clean to chest-pounding crunch
- Variable attenuator with footswitch control lets you lay on even more gain, pushing your tone over the top
- Footswitchable tube-driven spring-style reverb lets you call up classic rich-sounding reverb
- Tube driven effects loop in reverb section adds extra tone-shaping options to your live performances