Massive Tube Tone Meets Extreme Flexibility!If you're ready to dominate the main stage, the 2-channel Orange Thunderverb 200 Head is the guitar amp you want to have in your rig. We're talking about loud, off-the-charts boutique tube amp tone like nothing else out there - a solid 200 watts of it! Okay, sometimes 200 watts is a bit too much. That's why Orange tricked this bad boy out with a half power switch on the back, which less you drop your Thunderverb 200 Head's output to a slightly less chest-caving level. There's also a variable attenuator, a handy feature for recording. All-in-all, the Orange Thunderverb 200 Head is one incredibly versatile guitar tube amplifier.
When you rock out with your Thunderverb 200 Head, you've got access to an massive range of tone-shaping tools. What's more, this beast comes loaded with three footswitch inputs, making it stupid easy to switch up your tone live. One footswitch lets you jump between attenuated and the full sound of the Thunderverb 200 Head's out. If you're familiar with using the gain knob on your guitar to hit your tubes with varying intensity, this is a killer way to make sure you get the right amount of breakup at the output volume you want.
Then there's the footswitch that lets you kick in or out the spring-style reverb that puts the "verb" in the Thunderverb 200 Head's name. It's a rich and juicy-sounding tube-driven reverb that lets you lay it on thick. Plus, this footswitchable circuit includes the Thunderverb 200 Head's tube-driven effects loop. Stack on the stompboxes - the Thunderverb 200 Head takes pedal like a champ.
Last but not least, what would a 2-channel amp be without an instant way to jump between the clean A channel and the dirty B channel? The A channel offers up a wide tonal range - glassy clean but far from brittle. It revives some of the qualities of the earliest clean-style Orange amps. The B channel, on the other hand, delivers bone-crushing punch and screaming drive. And when you grab hold of the Thunderverb 200 Head's flexible shape control, you can scoop the mids, bass up the bass, and add serious teeth to your treble. Add to that a 3-band EQ (the same on the Rockerverb series), and your signature tone awaits.
Orange Thunderverb 200 Head 2-channel All-tube Guitar Amplifier Features at a Glance:
- Ultra-flexible guitar amplifier head that gives you a massive range of tube tone
- 200 watts delivers all the output you need to rock extremely large venues
- Half-power switch lets you cut the output to 100 watts for midsize gigs
- Footswitchable channel selection lets you instantly go from glassy clean to chest-pounding crunch
- Variable attenuator with footswitch control lets you lay on even more gain, pushing your tone over the top
- Footswitchable tube-driven spring-style reverb lets you call up classic rich-sounding reverb
- Tube driven effects loop in reverb section adds extra tone-shaping options to your live performances