Awesomely Distinctive Signature Tele!Yeah, it's a Tele... but you'll be blown away at what Fender and Jimmy Eat World's Jim Adkins came up with when they created this axe! You'll love the Jim Adkins JA-90 Telecaster Thinline, from its semi-hollow body (which adds that magical "airy" touch) to the pair of Seymour Duncan soapbar pickups to the set mahogany neck. And, don't forget the super-stable bridge and hardware! All these things combine to give you a playing experience that's all Tele yet totally beyond what you'd expect to get out of the legendary guitar.
You know and love this icon of a solidbody electric guitar; from Nashville to New York City to New Orleans to Nor Cal (and everywhere in-between), axe-slingers all over the place swear by the Tele. Why? Start with the history: over a half-century after the first Telecaster flew out of Fullerton, California, this guitar retains essentially the same design. That's doing it right the first time! The classic pickup arrangement, easy switching, comfortable neck shape, and time-tested hardware combine to give you exactly what you want out of an electric guitar, no matter what kind of music you play.
Springsteen plays one. So does Tom Petty. And Andy Summers from the Police. Want to talk twang? Look no further than the Teles strapped to Merle Haggard or the legendary James Burton. Keith Richards brought dozens of rock's most memorable licks to life on a Tele, and Joe Strummer used his Telecaster to blend punk's snarl with smart songcraft. Don't forget Roy Buchanan and Albert Collins; their Teles helped to define electric blues. And, who can forget all those amazing R&B records Steve Cropper put his Telecaster magic on? We're just scratching the surface here, folks... you simply can't go wrong when you strap on a Tele!
Fender Jim Adkins JA-90 Telecaster Thinline Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Color: Crimson Transparent, (Urethane Finish)
- Body: Semi-hollow Ash
- Neck: Mahogany, Set Neck, Modern "C" Shape (Gloss Urethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9-1/2" Radius
- No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan SP90-1NRWRP Vintage P-90 (Neck), SP90-3B Custom P-90 (Bridge)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-position Toggle
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Anchored Tailpiece
- Machine Heads: Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-ply Black
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Width at Nut: 1.650"
- Matching Painted Headstock
- Jim Adkins Signature on Back of Headstock
- Black Plastic Parts
- White Pearloid Dot Position Inlays
- Graphite Nut
- Oversized Strap Buttons
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.