Play John 5's Triple-threat Telecaster!if you've heard shredmeister extraordinaire John 5 tear it up on his Tele, then you know he doesn't mess around when it comes to tone and playability. If you're similarly inclined, then Fender's J5 Triple Tele Deluxe is the axe for you. Imagine a supercharged '70s Tele and you're part of the way there... this bad-to-the-bone solidbody has THREE awesome Enforcer humbuckers, a '60s-style C-shaped neck, a chrome pickguard, and master volume and tone controls. And, yes, it sounds as cool as it looks. If your idea of a good time is shearing off heads while bringing the rock, then here's your Tele!
You know and love this icon of a solidbody electric guitar; from Nashville to New York City to New Orleans to Nor Cal (and everywhere in-between), axe-slingers all over the place swear by the Tele. Why? Start with the history: over a half-century after the first Telecaster flew out of Fullerton, California, this solidbody retains essentially the same design. That's doing it right the first time! The classic pickup arrangement, easy switching, comfortable neck shape, and time-tested hardware combine to give you exactly what you want out of an electric guitar, no matter what kind of music you play.
Springsteen plays one. So does Tom Petty. And Andy Summers from the Police. Want to talk twang? Look no further than the Teles strapped to Merle Haggard or the legendary James Burton. Keith Richards brought dozens of rock's most memorable licks to life on a Tele, and Joe Strummer used his Telecaster to blend punk's snarl with smart songcraft. Don't forget Roy Buchanan and Albert Collins; their Teles helped to define electric blues. And, who can forget all those amazing R&B records Steve Cropper put his Telecaster magic on? We're just scratching the surface here, folks... you simply can't go wrong when you strap on a Tele!
Fender John 5 Triple Tele Deluxe Signature Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Color: Black
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, '60s "C" shape, (gloss urethane finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" radius
- No. of frets: 22 medium jumbo frets
- Pickups: Three chrome covered Enforcer "wide range" humbucking pickups (neck, middle and bridge)
- Controls: Master volume, master tone
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized tremolo
- Machine heads: Fender/Schaller Vintage "F"-style tuning machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-ply chrome
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Width at nut: 1.6875"
- Matching black painted large '70s-style Stratocaster headstock
- Bound top and back
- Toggle switch mounted on upper bout
- Chromed brass pickguard
- Black switch and tremolo arm tips
- Dot position inlays
- Strings: Fender Super 250L, nickel-plated steel (.009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042)
- Case: Deluxe gig bag