Very Cool Take on a '70s Tele!Super-cool Tele! You recognize the legendary lines, the smooth-playing neck, and all that other great stuff that makes a Telecaster Deluxe so awesome. But, Fender's Classic Player Telecaster Deluxe Black Dove adds a twist that sets it apart from the pack - namely, a pair of Black Dove single-coil pickups that give this axe a distinctive character you'll love. These pickups give you a bit more of a midrange emphasis than do standard Tele single-coils. Pick up this Tele and you're gonna love how great you sound!
You know and love this icon of a solidbody electric guitar; from Nashville to New York City to New Orleans to Nor Cal (and everywhere in-between), axe-slingers all over the place swear by the Tele. Why? Start with the history: over a half-century after the first Telecaster flew out of Fullerton, California, this solidbody retains essentially the same design. That's doing it right the first time! The classic pickup arrangement, easy switching, comfortable neck shape, and time-tested hardware combine to give you exactly what you want out of an electric guitar, no matter what kind of music you play.
Springsteen plays one. So does Tom Petty. And Andy Summers from the Police. Want to talk twang? Look no further than the Teles strapped to Merle Haggard or the legendary James Burton. Keith Richards brought dozens of rock's most memorable licks to life on a Tele, and Joe Strummer used his Telecaster to blend punk's snarl with smart songcraft. Don't forget Roy Buchanan and Albert Collins; their Teles helped to define electric blues. And, who can forget all those amazing R&B records Steve Cropper put his Telecaster magic on? We're just scratching the surface here, folks... you simply can't go wrong when you strap on a Tele!
Fender Classic Player Telecaster Deluxe with Black Dove Pickups Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Series: Classic Player Series
- Color: Crimson Red Transparent (polyester finish)
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 1-piece maple, C-shape, (gloss urethane finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12" radius
- No. of Frets: 21 medium jumbo
- Pickups: Two DE-9000 Black Dove single-coils
- Controls: Volume 1, Tone 1, Volume 2, Tone 2
- Pickup Switching: 3-position toggle
- Bridge: Vintage-style hardtail
- Tuning machines: Fender/Schaller Vintage "F" Style
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-ply black
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Width at nut: 1.650"
- Unique features: '70s large Stratocaster headstock, "Bullet" truss rod nut
- Strings: Fender Standard Tension ST250L, nickel-plated steel, gauges .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Accessories:Deluxe gig bag included
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.