This American Standard Tele Will Blow You Away!Want those trademark Tele tones - from bridge-pickup twang to big, full neck-position sounds, and everything in-between? Here's your gold standard: Fender's outstanding American Standard Telecaster. This is today's version of the legend, and it's better and more playable than ever! It has an ash body, an ultra-playable maple neck, two absolutely awesome single-coil pickups, 3-way switching, and updated hardware. The result? You'll pick this Tele up and you won't want to put it down. It's that good!
You know and love this icon of a solidbody electric guitar; from Nashville to New York City to New Orleans to Nor Cal (and everywhere in-between), axe-slingers all over the place swear by the Tele. Why? Start with the history: over a half-century after the first Telecaster flew out of Fullerton, California, this solidbody retains essentially the same design. That's doing it right the first time! The classic pickup arrangement, easy switching, comfortable neck shape, and time-tested hardware combine to give you exactly what you want out of an electric guitar, no matter what kind of music you play.
Springsteen plays one. So does Tom Petty. And Andy Summers from the Police. Want to talk twang? Look no further than the Teles strapped to Merle Haggard or the legendary James Burton. Keith Richards brought dozens of rock's most memorable licks to life on a Tele, and Joe Strummer used his Telecaster to blend punk's snarl with smart songcraft. Don't forget Roy Buchanan and Albert Collins; their Teles helped to define electric blues. And, who can forget all those amazing R&B records Steve Cropper put his Telecaster magic on? We're just scratching the surface here, folks... you simply can't go wrong when you strap on a Tele!
Fender American Standard Telecaster Features:
- Color: 3-color Sunburst
- Body: Ash
- Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood with 9.5" radius
- Number of frets: 22, Medium-jumbo
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Nut: Melamine
- Nut width: 1.685"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine heads: Fender deluxe staggered cast/sealed tuning keys
- Bridge: American Standard Telecaster with six American Standard bent steel saddles and stamped brass plate
- Pickguard: 3-ply
- Neck pickup: American Tele single-coil pickup
- Bridge pickup: American Tele single-coil pickup
- Pickup switching: 3-position blade
- Controls: Volume, tone
- Strings: Fender Standard Tension Bullet ST3250L, nickel-plated steel (.009 to .042)
- Case: Molded Fender/SKB case included with TSA locks, glass-reinforced nylon trigger latches, and plush interior
- Accessories: Cable, strap, polishing cloth, and wrenches