Go from Twangy to Thick to Everything In-between!Do it all! Teles are known (and loved) for their snap and twang... and this Fender American Vintage '72 Telecaster Custom is no exception there. But, switch to this bad boy's big ol' neck-position humbucker and revel in the thick, juicy tonal goodness. Or, select that magical middle position and combine the humbucker and the single-coil bridge pickup, for absolute awesomeness. This axe's comfy maple neck has Fender's Micro-Tilt neck adjustment feature, so you'll have no trouble dialing in the perfect setup. All this and great looks too!
You know and love this icon of a solidbody electric guitar; from Nashville to New York City to New Orleans to Nor Cal (and everywhere in-between), axe-slingers all over the place swear by the Tele. Why? Start with the history: over a half-century after the first Telecaster flew out of Fullerton, California, this solidbody retains essentially the same design. That's doing it right the first time! The classic pickup arrangement, easy switching, comfortable neck shape, and time-tested hardware combine to give you exactly what you want out of an electric guitar, no matter what kind of music you play.
Springsteen plays one. So does Tom Petty. And Andy Summers from the Police. Want to talk twang? Look no further than the Teles strapped to Merle Haggard or the legendary James Burton. Keith Richards brought dozens of rock's most memorable licks to life on a Tele, and Joe Strummer used his Telecaster to blend punk's snarl with smart songcraft. Don't forget Roy Buchanan and Albert Collins; their Teles helped to define electric blues. And, who can forget all those amazing R&B records Steve Cropper put his Telecaster magic on? We're just scratching the surface here, folks... you simply can't go wrong when you strap on a Tele! You'll love the Fender American Vintage '72 Telecaster Custom.
Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Custom Features at a Glance:
- COLOR: 3-color Sunburst
- BODY: Alder
- NECK: Maple, "C" Shape, Gloss Lacquer Finish
- MACHINE HEADS: Fender/Schaller Vintage "F" Style Tuning Machines
- FINGERBOARD: Maple, 7-1/4" Radius
- NO. OF FRETS: 21 Vintage Style Frets
- PICKUPS: 1 Fender "Wide Range" Humbucker (Neck), 1 Tele Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge)
- CONTROLS: Volume 1 (Neck), Tone 1 (Neck), Volume 2 (Bridge), Tone 2 (Bridge)
- BRIDGE: Vintage Style 3-saddle Strings-thru-body Tele Bridge
- PICKUP SWITCHING: 3-position Toggle
- HARDWARE; Chrome
- STRINGS: Fender Super 250L, Nickel-plated Steel (.009 to .042)
- PICKGUARD: 3-Ply Black
- SCALE LENGTH: 25-1/2
- WIDTH AT NUT; 1.650"
- CASE: Deluxe Gig Bag included