Three Tuning Modes? No Way! Way!
Click for Video & Audio Demos:
- Built-in practice tools: metronome, selectable rhythms, and tap-temp control
- 3 tuning modes with Accu-Pitch, and Flat Tuning function
- Hook up an iPod, mix your signal with its signal, and jam along
- Simply a rock-solid TU Tuner from Boss
- Headphone connector lets you privately tune up and check your effects
3 tuning modes with Accu-Pitch, and Flat Tuning function
At its heart, the Boss TU-88 is an accurate tuner - and a amazing addition to any guitarist's or bassist's rig for just that - let alone its extras. Built-in, there are three useful tuning modes - Chromatic, Guitar, and Bass. There's also a Flat tuning function plus Boss's popular Accu-Pitch feature - with it, when you reach an accurate tuning, it will audibly beep to let you know that you're cool to move onto tuning the next string.
Headphone connector lets you privately tune up and check your effects
Ever wanted to get into tune - and check all of your effects - without turning on your amp and warming up in front of the crowd? With the Boss TU-88, you can. Just plug a pair of headphones into the built-in headphone amp, and you can hear what's going on with your signal, warm up for the show, and be sure you're in tune.
Hook up an iPod, mix your signal with its signal, and jam along
In addition to a headphone amp, the Boss TU-88 tuner features a Mix Input 1/8" connection. Go ahead and plug in your iPod, MP3 player, or even the output of your computer, then mix the signal with your sound, and jam plus your favorite tracks. It's an excellent practice tool.
Built-in practice tools: metronome, selectable rhythms, and tap-temp control
The Boss TU-88 features even more useful practice tools, including an built-in metronome. Using the tap tempo control, you can get the metronome going at the right pace and practice your parts until you're confident playing in time. The metronome also features selectable rhythms, so you can practice at different times and with different patterns.
Simply a rock-solid TU Tuner from BOSS
Boss pedals have achieved mythical status for good reason: not only are they ruggedly made to withstand stomp after stomp, day after day - but they're also purpose-driven tools that deliver the kinds of tones and functions that serious guitarists and bassists need. With Boss's line of TU tuners, you can be sure you have pro-level tuning in your arsenal - whether you're playing a sold-out gig or rocking solo in the basement.
Boss TU-88 Guitar and Bass Tuner Features:
- Color: White
- 3 tuning modes - Guitar, Bass, and Chromatic
- Accu-Pitch verification with an audible beep
- Built-in headphone amp lets you privately tune, warm up, and check your effects
- Built-in metronome with selectable rhythmic patterns and volume control
- 1/8" Mix Input lets you practice plus an external device (iPod, etc.)
- Tuning Range: E0 (20.6Hz) - C8 (4,186.0Hz)
- Reference Pitch: A4 (435- 446 Hz)
- Tuning Accuracy: + or - 1 cent
- Expected battery life under continuous use (carbon): Approximately 8 hours
- Dimensions: 5-9/16" W x 3-3/16" D x 1-3/16" H
- Weight: 7 oz.