A Cable Tester You Can Trust with Your Career!If you're a professional tech director or audio engineer, then you already know exactly how little time you have to diagnose and deal with problem wiring when the clock is ticking and you've got a show to run or a client in the studio. It's your butt on the line, so you need results, and you need them right away! The Ebtech Swizz Army 6 in 1 cable tester will save your hide, no matter the cable, no matter the problem. XLR, RCA, 1/4", 1/8", TT, even MIDI — if there's a short, the Ebtech Swizz Army 6 in 1 will find it and show you the exact flaw. It even works on installation cables!
Say you've got one of those really annoying cables that seems to work some of the time but not always. Just plug that sucker into the Swizz Army 6 in 1 and wiggle it around a bit. If there's even a little short (even one that's too short to trip the LED) the Swizz Army 6 in 1 will still detect it and let you know. And check this out — it even generates test tones and phantom power to make sure signal and juice get where they need to go. Add the that an amazing grounded XLR shield detection circuit, and the Ebtech Swizz Army 6 in 1 instantly becomes any install engineer's best friend. Don't run sound without one!
Ebtech Swizz Army 6 in 1 Cable Tester Features at a Glance:
- Connectors: XLR, 1/4", RCA, 1/8", TT, and MIDI
- Cable Wiring Display clearly shows which pin is wired to which
- The Cable Wiring Display clearly shows continuity, opens, and shorts for each terminal
- Intermittent Detect and Display stores and displays the information until you reset it
- Installed Cable Testing tests cables with only a single accessable end
- Test Tone Generation produces a 1kHz or 440Hz tone at microphone and +4 or -10dB line levels
- Phantom Detect displays when a DC voltage is present on Pin 2 and Pin 3 individually
- Grounded Shield Detect confirms that the XLR connector shield is connected to Pin 1 (grounded)
- Belt clip included
- Runs on two AA batteries