Get Awesome Kick Sounds!The Yamaha SKRM-100 SubKick will transform the sound of your kick drums! This one-of-a-kind sub-bass transducer also works with other bass instruments.
Yamaha SKRM-100 SubKick at a Glance:
- Shock mounted in birch/mahogany shell with specially designed stand
- Effective in a bunch of bass miking situations
- 6.5" speaker/diaphragm picks up low end that normal microphones can't
- Offers many tonal options for kick drum miking
Picks up low end that normal microphones can't
The idea behind the SubKick is ingeniously brain-dead simple. Yamaha took a 6.5" speaker, mounted it in a 10" drum shell and reverse-wired it to an XLR jack to convert the speaker diaphragm into a microphone diaphragm. This massive diaphragm allows the SubKick to pick up the low end that a normal microphone can't. And as a dynamic microphone it can handle extremely high SPLs.
Shock mounted in birch/mahogany shell with specially designed stand
Mounting the SubKick speaker into a drum shell focuses the sound to direct the signal into the diaphragm. It also protects the SubKick transducer from mechanical noise and damage. Plus, using a drum shell makes the SubKick simple to set up on the road or in the studio, and it looks amazing with any drum kit. The SubKick includes a tom mounting bracket attached straight to the shell. This mounts to a CL-940 ball clamp that slides into the base of a double braced Yamaha 800 series snare stand.
Offers many tonal options for kick drum miking
Placement and proximity have an effect on the sound captured by the SubKick rig, so experiment with these variables to make a wide range of tonal possibilities. Place the SubKick in front of the head hole or at varying distances from the head itself to produce variations in sound quality, volume and timbre. The SubKick offers incredible potential in both live performance and recording.
Effective in a wide range of bass miking situations
The design of the SubKick and the flexibility of the stand lets you use it for a bunch of jobs in live or studio situations. Try the SubKick in conjunction with an internal microphone on bass drums and floor toms, djembe, bass guitar cabinets, pianos and more - your imagination is the only limitation!
Yamaha SKRM-100 SubKick Features:
- One-of-a-kind sub-bass transducer for kick drums, floor toms, low percussion, bass guitars and more
- Dynamic microphone handles high SPLs onstage or in studio
- Shock mounting in drum shell protects transducer and looks sweet onstage
- Includes mounting clamp and Yamaha stand for simple placement