The Strat Is a Rock Classic!
Classic Player '50s Stratocaster At-a-Glance:
- Trademark Strat Sound
- Classic Strat Design
- Fast Playing Soft "V" Maple Neck
Classic Strat Design
Though the original Stratocaster was first introduced more than 50 years ago, it's more popular now than ever, and the Classic Player Series instruments are the end result of 50 years of evolution. This guitar takes the best of the Stratocaster of the '50s and merges it with Custom Shop touches. The sleek. select alder body is covered with a classy 2-color sunburst and a jewel-like polyurethane finish. Each Classic Player '50s Strat features a special matching pickguard. In this case, the 2-color sunburst finish is beautifully complemented with a single-ply white vinyl pickguard plus special aged plastic parts.
Trademark Strat Sound
The original Strat had three single coil pickups, but the Classic Player '50s utilizes 3 American Classic Strat single-soil pickups with staggered, Alnico 5 Magnet Pole Pieces, Aged Covers and the middle pickup reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in the middle switch position, so you get instant access to all those classic, glossy Strat tones with a brain-dead simple flick of the five-position blade switch.
Pickup Switching 5-Position Blade:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickup
- Position 5. Neck Pickup
Fast Playing Soft "V" Maple Neck
Leo Fender wasn't afraid to "think outside the box" when it came to guitar designs. In the 1950s and well into the 1970s, the blond natural maple neck became almost synonymous with Fender guitars. This Strat keeps the trademark maple neck and fretboard, but this one has that special '50s soft "V" shape that many players prefer (Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy to name just two) plus a 9.5-inch radius.
Classic Player '50s Stratocaster Features
- Body: Alder
- 2-Color Sunburst
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, Soft "V" Shape, (Gloss Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" Radius
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 3 American Classic Strat Single-Coil Alnico 5 Pickups
- Master Volume, 2 Tone Controls
- Classic Style 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Stamped Solid Steel Saddles and Milled Solid Steel Block
- Fender/Gotoh Classic Style Locking Tuning Machines
- Chrome Hardware
- 1-Ply White Pickguard
- Deluxe Gig Bag included
- Aged Knobs and Switch Tip,
- Classic Style Tuners,
- "Custom Shop Designed" Neck Plate,
- Classic Style 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo,
- 9.5" Radius
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.