The Return of the Starcaster!
By the mid '80s, Fender discontinued the original Starcaster, and the instrument was quickly forgotten. Years later, when Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead and then Dave Keuning of The Killers were seen playing Starcasters on a regular basis, heads began to turn. Every once in a while, Jamie Cook of Arctic Monkeys or Scott McMicken of Dr. Dog would show up at some event or festival with a Starcaster, or Trey Anastasio of Phish would play one for a while, and people began looking at this long defunct model in a whole new way. With the Fender Modern Player Starcaster, there's no need to scour the pawn shops any longer.
Fender Modern Player Starcaster Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Fender's original semi-hollowbody electric guitar reborn for a new generation of guitarists
- Laminated maple body with solid alder center block blends hollowbody resonance with solidbody sustain
- A pair of Fender Wide Range humbucking pickups deliver massive dynamic range and a wide-open sound
- Independent tone and volume controls for each pickup provides you with a full spectrum of sound
- Bound f holes and amp-style control knobs add a touch of vintage class
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.