A Gotta-have for Your Live Sound Tool Kit!
ART S8 8-channel Microphone Splitter at a Glance:
- Audio Utilities series
- Ground lift on each out, pad on each input
Ground lift on each output, pad on each input
The S8 includes a ground-lift switch on each isolated output to reduce hum due to ground loops between connected AC-powered units. For versatility the S8 also features an attenuator pad switch on each in that can be used to connect preamplified signals to the two microphone-level outs on each channel. Typical preamplified signals would originate from instrument preamplifiers, mixers, keyboards, etc.
Audio Utilities series
Audio Utilities by Applied Research and Technology are audio devices that have been designed and engineered to exceed high standards for audio performance and functionality. These innovative, premium parts are perfect for virtually any audio application where precision frequency tailoring, reliable performance and rugged design are of the utmost importance. ART Audio Utilities deliver extremely accurate and rocking flexibility, with quality features and reliable design criteria necessary for top-level audio performance.
ART S8 8-channel Microphone Splitter Features:
- Splits eight balanced lo-Z microphone channels into eight pairs (16)
- One direct output and one transformer-isolated output per channel
- Direct outputs pass phantom power to microphones
- One attenuator pad per channel input
- One ground-lift switch per channel output