Awesome Audio and MIDI Recording plus Loops!
Steinberg Sequel 3 at a Glance:
- Beat Page
- Sound Library
- Controller Mode
- Track Freeze
- Free Warp and Audio Reverse
With the Controller Mode you can control nearly all Sequel 3 functions with an external keyboard or hardware controller. So you can adjust the track volume with an external controller or you can mute a track with your keyboard. With the MIDI Learn function the allocation of the parameters is so easy: just click a parameter in Sequel 3 and move the desired knob, slider, key or button on your hardware. Now you can control the function with your external hardware. Controller Mode in Sequel 3 gives you so many options for live performance. You can trigger live pads or edit volume/tune and effects with your hardware controller to create a song on stage - including arranging and mixing - without even using the mouse!
If you don't have a MIDI keyboard, you can still play melodies in Sequel 3. With the new Virtual Keyboard you just play the notes with your computer keyboard, ideal for composition on the move on your laptop.
Beat Page gives you access to all the groove creation and beat programming in Sequel 3, located in one place. Utilizing Groove Agent ONE drum station and the Beat Designer step sequencer you can create everything from old school beats to modern techno. Sequel 3 makes beat and groove creation and simple with Beat Page.
You want a diverse set of sounds to use in creating your masterpieces, and Steinberg Sequel 3 has the sounds you want. The HALion Sonic SE sound workstation has over 500 sounds and instruments in all styles. For your guitar needs Sequel 3 includes the VST Amp Rack SE, now you have the tone of legendary amplifiers and effects at your fingertips.
With the Track Freeze function you save CPU power for more tracks and effects! MIDI instruments and effects can use a lot of CPU power, especially on older computer. If you're finding that the limits of your computer's CPU has been reached, just click the "Freeze" button to freeze one or several tracks. If you want to change anything about a frozen track, just click the button to unfreeze the track and edit away.
Free Warp and Audio Reverse
Normally Sequel adjusts loops automatically to the tempo of the project. But for some audio material, you might find you have to make some manual adjustments for the tempo.
With the new Free Warp mode you can warp any part of an audio loop. Just set the warp anchor and move it to the desired time position. This function is also great for creative editing of loops. The Audio Reverse function is also a new feature of Sequel 3, and lets you play audio backwards - a cool effect for breaks!
Steinberg Sequel 3 Features:
- Recording format: Stereo WAV 16-bit or 24-bit with 44.1kHz sampling rate
- Supported file formats (import, drag & drop): WAV, AIFF, MP3, WMA, WMA Pro, OggVorbis
- Export: WAV, AIFC, AIFF, WAV64, OggVorbis
- Export project to iTunes: one-step mixdown/export function opens iTunes with new track in destination format
- SMF (Standard MIDI File) import and playback
- Audio recording with up to eight simultaneous tracks
- Unlimited number of audio tracks (only limited by CPU performance)
- Internal Resolution: 32-bit floating point
- SmartTool changes its function depending on the mouse position
- Audio Editor with realtime audio warp functions (realtime time stretching and pitch shifting)
- Warp Modes: Mix, Drums, Plucked, Pads, Vocals, Solo
- Key Editor for internal instruments with note event and controller editing
- Note Quantize with variable Swing
- Legato Slider for dynamic note length editing
- MIDI Step Record Mode
- Dynamic Track Mixer with Volume, Pan, EQ, Compressor, two variable inserts, two variable send effects
- Additional Event Effects for Instrument Tracks (Arpeggiator and Chorder)
- Master Output channel with two variable Output Effects (Inserts) plus two fixed Master Effects (Stereo Enhancer and Maximizer)
- Automation of Volume, Pan, Mute, EQ, Bypass, plus all effect parameters, and instrument quick controls in instrument tracks
- Easy remote control of all essential parameters with any external MIDI controller (Controller Learn function)
- Fixed compressor in each channel
- Two variable Track Effects (Inserts) per channel
- Two Global Effects (Sends) per channel
- Two variable Master Track Effects (Inserts)
- Two fixed Master Effects: Stereo Enhancer, Maximizer (Inserts)
- Integrated virtual instruments
- Up to 128-voice polyphony (defined by preset)
- Quick Control editing per track
- New sounds can be saved as track presets
- Arpeggiator, Chorder
- Track Freeze: Freeze instrument tracks for more CPU power
- More than 5000 Loops (2000 instrument loops, 3000 audio loops)
- More than 600 instrument presets
- More than 50 audio track presets
- More than 150 effects presets