Lots of Inputs, Plus Onboard Mixing Power!Looking to take your recordings to the next level? This guy'll get you there! Aside from the huge amount of I/O, Focusrite's Saffire Pro 24 DSP does everything its sibling does, and ups the ante with the features that take you from mild-mannered project studio to running with the big boys &mdash. And it's still very affordable!
Nearly identical to the Saffire Pro 24 as far as hardware is concerned, the Saffire Pro 24 DSP adds an additional headphone jack, making jamming with a partner more convenient. Plus, you get all the I/O the Saffire Pro 24 has: a pair of Focusrite mic pres, eight channels of ADAT, S/PDIF I/O, MIDI I/O, and six analog outputs. Essentially, you've got everything a growing studio needs in the form of solid built-in I/O and room to expand thanks to the lightpipe input.
But now to the really fun stuff! The DSP power tucked away within the Saffire Pro 24 DSP gives you the ability to monitor your recordings like the pros do. That's right, without adding any additional load to your computer you can give your singer a touch of reverb, compression, EQ, or all three, helping you to coax the best possible performance from him or her. This is the same methodology used in pro-level facilities during vocal recordings. Even in your bedroom, you can get the expensive room sound!
All Focusrite FireWire interfaces are fully compatible with Thunderbolt using a simple FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter. Focusrite fully supports the use of Thunderbolt with its FireWire interfaces.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP 16-in/8-out FireWire Audio Interface Features at a Glance:
- 24-bit/96kHz, 16-in/8-out FireWire audio interface
- VRM Virtual Reference Monitoring lets you hear your mix in different environments
- Two High-quality, award-winning Focusrite preamplifiers
- Onboard DSP-powered, latency-free tracking and mixing tools (EQ, compression, and reverb)
- Features high-quality AD/DA conversion and JetPLL jitter-elimination technology
- Total I/O Count of 16 Inputs and 8 Outputs
- A host of I/O options, including a unique loop-back facility for routing audio between software applications
- Saffire Mix Control Zero-latency 16x8 DSP Mixer/Router
- Xcite+ Software Bundle featuring royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged Novation soft-synth, and Ableton Live 7 Lite
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite with all-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins
- Front-panel 5-LED metering
- Two dedicated front-panel headphone busses for creating two custom monitor mixes
- Bus-powered via FireWire for a tidy mobile recording rig
Saffire PRO 24 DSP 16-in/8-out FireWire Audio Interface Specifications:
- Analog Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
- 2 x XLR Mic/Line Neutrik Combi-jacks (Inputs 1-2)
- 2 x TRS Line inputs (Inputs 3-4)
- Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 5-14) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 1 x 8-channel ADAT input on Optical Connector
- 6 x TRS analogue outputs
- 2 x TRS stereo headphone output
- Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
- 1 x 6-pin Firewire socket
- 2 x MIDI connectors: In and Out
- 12V DC power input connector for use with external PSU
- 3.5 lbs.
- 8.5" (W) x 1.8" (H) x 8.65" (D)