Super-Sonic Head: Fender Clean + Modern Fire-breatherWant clean? Many tube connoisseurs consider Fender's Legendary mid '60s Blackface Twin Reverb the best "clean" amp ever made - but even turned up all the way, it still wouldn't distort. Fender has remedied that. A member of Fender's no-nonsense Pro Tube Series, the Super-Sonic Head nails those shimmering classic clean tones - and adds a stunning range of expressive, modern high-gain sounds.
The Super-Sonic Head's Vintage Channel is home to your sparkling cleans and the thick, punchy voice of a 1960s Bassman. The Burn Channel gives you everything from edgy crunch to all-out sonic annihilation - all without masking the true tonal character of your guitar. Can you say versatile? Naturally, that yummy, tube-driven Fender long-spring reverb is along for the ride.
Pumping out a commanding 100 watts, the Super-Sonic Head ups the wattage of the original (which was loud enough for pretty much anything), and updates the all-tube electronics to the current state-of-the-art. Today's amp contains several advanced features that will broaden your sonic palette:
- Arena/Club switch: knocks the power down to 25 watts yet preserves its jaw-dropping high-volume tube tone at lower "club gig" volume levels.
- Notch Tune control: lets you move the midrange notch and fine-tune the distortion characteristics for a variety of American and British amp sounds.
- Rear-panel Damping Control: lets you select "normal," "loose" or "tight" speaker response for sounds ranging from warm and loose to tight and focused.
- Fender Automatic Bias control, which lets you easily set the output tubes to the recommended factory setting and to your preference of "hotter" or "cooler" bias with no need for meters or tools.
All this hot sound mates up beautifully with a Super-Sonic 100 412 Straight or Slant enclosure - or both, if you're of a mind to have a formidable American stack. Fender has fitted this sophisticated brute with an effects loop (mit level control) that also functions as a footswitch-operated boost, and has included a pedalboard-friendly 4-button footswitch and amp cover. A roadworthy chassis with classic Fender good looks wraps up this awesome-sounding professional amp.
The Super-Sonic Head gives you industry-standard Fender clean tones and white-hot overdrive in a tight, sexified cabinet that can go from clubs to arenas without a hitch. What's not to like? Face it: you need one of these. If you're ready for a truly pro amp, check out the Super-Sonic Head!
Fender Super-Sonic 100 Head Features at a Glance:
- Series: Pro Tube
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Preamp Tubes: 7 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 4 x 6L6
- Reverb Driver: 2 x 12AT7
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Vintage Channel Controls: Gain, Treble, Bass, Mid, Volume, Twin Reverb/Bassman Switch
- Burn Channel Controls: Gain 1, Gain 2, Treble, Bass, Mid, Notch Tune, Volume, Reverb, Send Level, Return Level, Damping
- Line Out: PreAmp Out / Power Amp In
- Extension Speaker jack: 2
- Cabinet Material: Baltic Birch Plywood Cabinet
- Unique Features: Notch Tune Control, Damping Control, Automatic Bias Control, Arena/Club Switch
- Footswitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
- Cover: Amplifier Cover included