Take Control of Your Sound!
If you know the first thing about Mackie, then you already know they totally rule when it comes to PA loudspeakers and live mixers. The SRM150 combines both a rock-solid active loudspeaker and a bullet-proof 3-channel mixer. It can be an onstage vocal monitor, an acoustic guitar amp, or (thanks to its feedback suppressor) even a complete PA. A pair of Neutrik combo jacks on the SRM150's front panel give you inputs for mics or 1/4" line-level sources. There's even a switch that lets you plug in your acoustic, which really comes in handy when you play one of those coffee shop corner gigs and a lot more people show up than you expected. Check this out — channel three even has a stereo input for your iPod or whatever, so you can even hook up backing tracks. There's a master 3-band EQ so you can totally tune your tone.
Say you end up playing a show somewhere that either 1) doesn't have a monitoring system, or 2) doesn't have a competent sound guy. You could either do your best and still suffer because you can't hear yourself, or you can get smart and bring an SRM150 along. What's really cool is that the SRM150 comes with a mic stand adapter and a boom arm extender, so it can sit on top of your mic stand right below the boom. It also has a rear access patch bay that lets you send your signal on to the board. Now, when Jimmy the sound guy is off flirting and you need more vocals in the monitor, it's okay. You just reach over and turn it up. And if you're worried about output, don't be. With 150 watts of Class D power pushing a 5.25" driver, the SRM150 has more than enough juice to get the job done.
Mackie SRM150 Active Loudspeaker Features at a Glance:
- Extremely portable active loudspeaker system
- 3-channel mixer with 3-band active EQ
- Two high-headroom Mackie Mic/line preamps with 48-volt phantom power
- Instrument-ready input (no DI required)
- Dedicated stereo channel for keyboards, CD, MP3, iPods, etc.
- Neutrik Combo line in jack for linking or adding inputs
- XLR "thru" with mic/line switch for linking more SRM150s or direct send to main PA
- 150 watts of high output, Class D power
- 5.25" premium-quality, full-range neodymium driver
- Frequency Response: 100Hz to 17.5kHz
- Complete system protection with built-in limiter
- 120dB maximum SPL @ 1meter
- Built-in top carry handle
- Integral aluminum heat sink
- Mic stand integration system for use with stand and boom
- Tough, impact-resistant, polypropylene enclosure