Totally Awesome Studio Headphones
SRH440 headphones are very comfortable, with replaceable ear cups pads that fit snugly without causing fatigue during those long recording sessions. Isolation is important with any studio-grade headphones, but there is so such a thing as too much of a good thing. Shure SRH440 headphones feature closed backs that offer enough isolation to keep sound from bleeding into open microphones (important), but not so much that band members have to resort on sign language in order to communicate (also important).
While they're built to last, if you do accidentally walk off with a pair of SRH440 headphones still attached to your melon and the cable snaps or an ear pad breaks, it's okay because they're both affordable and replaceable. So if you're looking for top-of-the-line super-audiophile ultra-isolating headphones, don't buy these. If you're looking for the perfect balance of price and function that will perform the way you need headphones to perform in the studio, then Shure SRH440 headphones are the way to go.
Shure SRH440 Closed-back Headphones Features at a Glance:
- Closed-back design offers a great balance between isolation and comfort
- Field-replaceable ear cup pads and cable
- Bayonet clip securely locks detachable cable into ear cup
- Enhanced frequency response delivers accurate audio across an extended range
- Impedance and power handling optimized for professional audio devices
- Adjustable headband and collapsible construction provide comfort and portability