Capture Your Vocals with Freakish Accuracy!You will be astonished when you first use an Earthworks microphone! You will hear more clarity, detail and transparency than you have ever heard from a microphone. Musical instruments and vocalists will sound more genuine, vibrant and alive. The Earthworks SR20 is one of the most accurate microphones we've ever heard.
Earthworks SR20 Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Amazing extended frequency response
- No "smearing" of low-level signals
- Captures attack and punch of percussive sounds
- Uniform response across all frequencies
- Delivers the sonic equivalent of hearing live music
Delivers the sonic equivalent of hearing live music
Most sound recordings don't live up to the sonic experience of listening to live music. Earthworks has discovered that audio gear with extended high frequency response and better time domain performance will yield a substantial audible improvement and more life-like results. People continue to be astonished and amazed when they use the SR20 with its extended high frequency response. While you may not be able to hear pure tones beyond 15kHz, you will hear the difference in the time domain and impulse response of live music.
Captures attack and punch of percussive sounds
The Earthworks SR20 offers superior impulse response - the speed and accuracy with which a microphone responds to a signal with fast rise times, such as percussion, guitar and brass. This helps retain the attack, punch and excitement in recorded music and sounds.
No "smearing" of low-level signals
The SR20 also features fast diaphragm settling time - how long it takes a diaphragm to return to rest. If a microphone's diaphragm is still vibrating from previous sounds while it is trying to pick up new sounds, it adds coloration and smearing of low-level signals that contain important minute details. The SR20 delivers accurate reproduction of ant sound source!
Uniform response across all frequencies
The Earthworks SR20's pickup pattern technology maintains accuracy and uniform frequency response throughout the pickup pattern. With this better uniformity there is no spotlighting, less off-axis phase problems, and more gain before feedback.
Extended frequency response
The SR20 has an extended frequency response, capturing treble details and overtones. This is a clear advantage when using today's higher sampling rates for recording. Earthworks' proprietary technology provides higher frequency response, better impulse response and time domain accuracy, which will capture overtones and details that conventional microphones mask.
Earthworks SR20 Condenser Microphone Features:
- Spectacular vocal microphone
- Small-diaphragm condenser with cardioid pattern
- Frequency response 50Hz-20kHz
- Accurately captures a voice with the same precision and quality up to 90 degrees off-axis
- Warm, not boomy, when used up close
- One-of-a-kind windscreen assembly eliminates the popping of Ps
- More gain before feedback than other microphones
- Also outstanding for piano, guitar, drums, brass, woodwinds and other instruments
- Handles up to 145dB SPL