Powerful Piano Packed with SoundsThe SPS4-8 digital stage piano packs a hit list of Kurzweil's top sounds and features in a simple, easy-to-use, and totally portable package. From controller-keyboard-style hands-on controls to the core sound set featured in the PC3 pro keyboard series, the SPS4-8 features it all. Despite its extensive feature set - including a fantastic stereo speaker set - the SPS4-8 leaves a small footprint and won't hurt your back. Build splits and layers (up to 4 zones) with the touch of a button, call up presets and setups from easy-browsing category and program buttons, and instantly adjust effects parameters. Everything is laid out so you can concentrate on making music.
Kurzweil's famous hammer-weighted action with velocity sensitive adjustable keys delivers the same keyboard feel that has made Kurzweil stage pianos an industry standard. But how does it sound? In a word: fantastic. Packing 128 programs direct from Kurzweil's PC3 series 'boards, the SPS4-8 delivers world-class sounds in every sound category. You get Kurzweil's revered Triple Strike Grand Piano, classic electric pianos, lush strings and orchestral instruments, and amazing basses, guitars, winds, brass, percussion and drum kits.
Onboard the SPS4-8, you'll also find a selection of Kurzweil's signature KB3 organs - and you can access every parameter through external MIDI control. Fortify your sonic arsenal by loading programs created on PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards (within the limits of the SPS4's DSP resources), and downloading sounds from Kurzweil's website (they'll offer additional sounds as they become available). With its 16-part multitimbral architecture, the SPS4-8 is a powerful tool for composing and recording using your favorite DAW.
What about Effects? The SPS4-8 sports dozens of professional-quality effects taken straight from the PC3. From jaw-dropping concert hall reverbs and crisp delays to nasty distortion and amp sims, the SPS4-8 gives you the tools to add depth and dimension to your music. Critical effects parameters are mapped to the SPS4-8's Timbre knob, so you can craft your sounds without menu diving.
Kurzweil SPS4-8 88-key Stage Piano Features at a Glance:
- Keyboard: 88-note hammer-weighted action with velocity sensitive adjustable keys
- Built-in stereo speaker set and music rest
- Display: 16 character LCD w/ front-panel contrast adjust
- Polyphony: 64 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 4 zones)
- Factory Presets: 128 (taken from the acclaimed PC3 sound set, including select KB3 organs and KVA synths)
- User Presets: 64
- Factory MIDI Setups: 64
- User MIDI Setups: 64 (with 4 programmable zones for splits and layers)
- Effects: Dozens of complex effect chains taken from the PC3, with everything from concert hall reverbs to amplifier simulations and rotary effects
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 1 front panel knob, 1 stereo switch-pedal input (supports two pedals with Y connector), 1 continuous control pedal input
- Analog Outputs: Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/setup file transfer: to/from Mac/PC
- Operating System updates: From Mac/PC
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB
- FREE Sounds: The SPS4 can also load programs created on Kurzweil's PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards (within the limits of the SPS4's DSP resources). Additional sounds will also be available for download on Kurzweil's website (loaded over USB)
- Power: External 15VDC 1.0A power supply
- Height: Rear = 5.5", Front = 3.25"
- Depth: 13"
- Length: 55.13"
- Weight: 39 lbs