Awesome-sounding and Easy To UseLightweight - Bing. Awesome-sounding - Bing. Affordable - Bing. Dead-easy to use - Bing again! If this sounds like what you're looking for in a stage piano, you're in the right place. The Kurzweil SP4-8 gives you Kurzweil sonic mojo in an affordable, portable package, making available to next-gen players the very same soundset featured in Kurzweil's PC3 pro keyboard series. The SP4-8 won't break your wallet - or your back. Weighing in at a slim 'n' trim 39 pounds, the SP4-8 leaves a small footprint, letting you have the spotlight -instead of your keyboard.
Onstage or in the studio, you want a keyboard that puts the most important features right where you need them - and the SP4-8's musician-friendly interface makes your life easy by doing just that. Build splits and layers (up to 4 zones) with the touch of a button, call up presets and setups from easy-browsing category and program buttons, and instantly adjust effects parameters. Everything is laid out so you can concentrate on Job # 1: making music.
Touch? Oh yeah. Kurzweil's famous hammer-weighted action with velocity sensitive adjustable keys delivers the same keyboard feel that has made Kurzweil stage pianos an industry standard.
Great, but how does it sound? Even though it's affordable, the SP4-8 makes no compromises. Packing 128 programs direct from Kurzweil's PC3 series 'boards, the SP4-8 delivers world-class sounds in every sound category. You get Kurzweil's revered Triple Strike Grand Piano, classic electric pianos, lush strings and orchestral instruments, and amazing basses, guitars, winds, brass, percussion and drum kits. All this sonic firepower puts the SP4-8 at the front of the stage piano pack.
Onboard the SP4-8, you'll find a selection of Kurzweil's signature KB3 organs - and you can access every parameter through external MIDI control. Fortify your sonic arsenal by loading programs created on PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards (within the limits of the SP4's DSP resources), and downloading sounds from Kurzweil's website (they'll offer additional sounds as they become available). With its 16-part multitimbral architecture, the SP4-8 is a powerful tool for composing and recording using your favorite DAW.
Hey, what about Effects? The SP4-8 is packing dozens of professional-quality effects taken straight from the PC3. From jaw-dropping concert hall reverbs and crisp delays to nasty distortion and amp sims, the SP4-8 gives you the tools to add depth and dimension to your music. Critical effects parameters are mapped to the SP4-8's Timbre knob, so you can craft your sounds without menu diving.
The Kurzweil SP4-8 is a great value: yummy to play, a cinch to transport - and it sounds phenomenal. Oh, and it's affordable! If you're in the market for a professional stage piano, You owe it to yourself to check it out
Kurzweil SP4-8 88-key Stage Piano Features at a Glance:
- Keyboard: 88-note hammer-weighted action with velocity sensitive adjustable keys
- Display: 16 character LCD w/ front-panel contrast adjust
- Polyphony: 64 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 4 zones)
- Factory Presets: 128 (taken from the acclaimed PC3 sound set, including select KB3 organs and KVA synths)
- User Presets: 64
- Factory MIDI Setups: 64
- User MIDI Setups: 64 (with 4 programmable zones for splits and layers)
- Effects: Dozens of complex effect chains taken from the PC3, with everything from concert hall reverbs to amplifier simulations and rotary effects
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 1 front panel knob, 1 stereo switch-pedal input (supports two pedals with Y connector), 1 continuous control pedal input
- Analog Outputs: Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/setup file transfer: to/from Mac/PC
- Operating System updates: From Mac/PC
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB
- FREE Sounds: The SP4 can also load programs created on Kurzweil's PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards (within the limits of the SP4's DSP resources). Additional sounds will also be available for download on Kurzweil's website (loaded over USB)
- Power: External 15VDC 1.0A power supply
- Height: Rear = 5.5", Front = 3.25"
- Depth: 13"
- Length: 55.13"
- Weight: 39 lbs