Everything You Need to Go From Idea to Hit Record!Heads up! This is an chance for registered users of SONAR X1 Producer edition to upgrade to a full version of Cakewalk SONAR X2 Producer Edition for a special discount. You must be able to provide proof of eligibility to qualify for this upgrade.
If you're serious about music production, then step up to Cakewalk SONAR X2 Producer, a fully loaded DAW that easily brings more to the table than nearly any other music-production software on the market. Designed to let you take your roughest ideas and turn them into pro-quality masterpieces, SONAR X2 Producer covers all of the bases: performance, recording, editing, mixing, mastering, and even distribution.
Let's start at the beginning. Before you go wild and start recording your next big hit, take the time to explore the awesome content that comes with SONAR X2 Producer. If you play guitar or bass, then you're going to have a hard time pulling yourself away from the awesome sounds that await you within Cakewalk's Producer Guitar Processor. If keys are more your thing, then you're really in for a treat. Cakewalk absolutely loaded SONAR X2 Producer with 21 awesome virtual instruments and soft synths. Heck, they even tossed in their Zeta Classic virtual instrument, and since that wasn't enough, they topped it off with a full version of their Rapture subtractive synth. If there's and instrument sound you're thinking of, SONAR X2 Producer is your ticket to finding it.
Now that you're done playing around with all of the amazing content Cakewalk bundled in SONAR X2 Producer, and you've laid down some tracks (unlimited tracks AND inputs is just the icing on the cake there), it's time to dive into the awesome editing and mixing functions waiting for you. One of the cool features new to SONAR X2 is the integrated Take Lane in every track. This lets you record pass after pass and then comp together the best parts of each take to produce an overall excellent track. Then you can use the built-in AudioSnap time-correction tool to tighten the timing of all of your instruments. There's also the onboard V-Vocal pitch-correction processor (courtesy of Roland), which does wonders for smoothing out vocals.
What really sets SONAR X2 apart from typical DAWs is its incredibly flexible and easy to use Skylight user interface. This interface is incredibly flexible, allowing you to setup your individual modules (e.g. overview, piano roll, mixer, etc.) however you like them and the lock them into a single view that you can call up any time. Thanks to Cakewalk's SONAR Smart Tool, you're can freely move from module to module and you'll always have the toolset you need on hand - no extra keyboard shortcuts to memorize or annoying tool menus to navigate!
Mixing in Cakewalk SONAR X2 is a total blast. In addition to a whole suite of over 30 excellent virtual processors covering EQs, compressors, effects, and more, SONAR X2 Producer includes Cakewalk's ProChannel multiprocessor engine. This unique approach to channel-strip processing lets you fully process each track as though it we running through an extremely versatile analog console. With freakishly detailed new ProChannel modules such as Console Emulation and BREVERB, you'll always discover new and fun ways to put SONAR X2 Producer to work for you. You can always supercharge your rig with additional VST plug-ins from a wide range of third-party manufacturers too.
As if that weren't enough, SONAR X2 Producer also gives you an excellent set of mastering tools to make your tracks pop. Designed specifically for mastering, the LP-64 EQ linear-phase parametric equalizer and the LP-64 multiband compressor are practically worth the price of admission on their own. Once you've got your tracks as pumped up as you like them, there's nothing left to do but show them off. Luckily, Cakewalk also gave SONAR X2 an excellent set of distribution options you can use to get your music out there. Burn a CD, toss it up to SoundCloud, export a YouTube ready video - you name it! The best thing is that you can do all of this without ever leaving the SONAR X2 environment. What are you waiting for? Get your copy of Cakewalk SONAR X2 from GearNuts.com today!
Cakewalk SONAR X2 Producer DAW Software Features at a Glance:
- Unlimited audio, MIDI, and instrument tracks lets you take full advantage of your computer's resources
- Enhanced award winning Skylight interface provides smooth and seamless workflow that you can customize to your needs
- Pristine 64-bit/384KHz audio engine sounds absolutely amazing
- Supports surround mixing
- Modular ProChannel lets you create complex processing chains with incredible detail
- BREVERB SONAR and BREVERB SONAR ProChannel modules provide powerful and easy advanced processing
- Also includes FX Chains, FX Chains 2.0, QuadCurve, Softube Saturation Knob ProChannel Modules
- ProChannel Console Emulation Module lets you add analog-style warmth to your whole mix
- 21 x Virtual instruments including Rapture subtractive synthesizer and the Z3TA+ Classic provide you with tons of amazing sounds
- Matrix performance view makes creative songwriting easy
- Integrated per track arpeggiator lets you create cool synth and keyboard effects
- TH2 Producer Guitar Processor lets you get killer guitar and bass tone in the box
- Linear, phase-accurate Mastering EQ and Multi-Band compressor provide mastering-grade processing
- Includes R-MIX SONAR
- Automation and Take Lanes streamline mixing and comping
- AudioSnap 2.0 time correction built in
- Roland V-Vocal pitch correction built in
- Flexible export and delivery options include MusicXML score format and SoundCloud direct audio uploading
- Native 32/64-bit application for Windows PC computers
- Compatible with VST plug-in processors and virtual instruments