That's Right - a LIVE Handheld Condenser Mic!There are still lots of people who seem to be convinced that condenser microphones have no business onstage, and certainly not in the hands of live vocalists. Of course, there are still fools who swear that finding a penny heads up is good luck or that whistling in a theatre is sure to cause disasters. Well, back in the day, pennies (face up or down) were worth a lot more and finding one sure was lucky, sailors ran the rigging in theaters (so whistling could very well land a sand bag on your head), and condenser microphones actually were pretty fragile. Able to withstand tumbling off stage, rolling down stairs, and more importantly, the abuse of show after show of singers hitting them with all that they've got, the Shure SM86 changed all of that.
This is one handheld vocal condenser mic you're going to love taking on stage. An internal suspension system kills handling noise, and a 2-stage internal pop shield keeps plosives at bay. The fact is, condenser microphones typically offer much greater detail, especially for women and men with higher registers. Taking an SM86 onstage with you is your first step to getting that studio smooth sound live. Plus, the SM86 is specially tuned to the vocal range, including a slight presence boost between 2-5kHz. Oh yeah, you can take it into the studio to record - it's 100% studio quality sound is right at home behind the vocal booth glass - but you'll be blown away by how the SM86 performs live. So, don't believe everything you're told - after all, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" was a marketing slogan invented to sell red delicious apples, not sound advice from a physician.
Shure SM86 Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal in-ear monitors
- Built-in 3-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
- 2-stage "pop" filter reduces wind and breath noise
- Includes vinyl storage pouch and clip
- Requires +48V phantom power