GearNuts.com's Got the Complete Wireless System You Need!How much sense does this make? There are lots of companies out there that make wireless microphone systems, and some of them even make half-way decent wired mics too. These systems all cost a pretty penny, so why in the name of ever-flaming hades do some of them insist on making junk microphones that sound like they came straight off the shelf of a low-end electronics shop with name like Robotics Shed??? It's pathetic really. Good thing Shure doesn't stoop so low. No, Shure hooks you up with the real deal - killer wireless transmitters with the same microphone capsules that they use in their regular lineup. For instance, there's the Shure SLX2/Beta 87A - it's got an SLX2 transmitter and a Beta 87 capsule at the receiving end.
The Shure Shure SLX2/Beta 87A wireless microphone is the perfect handheld for any Shure SLX wireless system. If you're not familiar already with the Beta 87A, it's one of the first really good live handheld condenser microphones on the planet, with a tight supercardioid pickup pattern that's wonderful at rejecting off-axis noise, and a frequency response that's perfect for vocals. The SLX2 transmitter's pretty sweet too, with handy perks including Shure's Audio Reference Companding for excellent sound quality and automatic setup functions. So don't settle for some generic mic, even if it's from a real microphone company. Get a Shure SLX2/Beta 87A wireless microphone for your SLX wireless system!
Shure SLX2/Beta 87A Handheld Microphone/Transmitter Features at a Glance:
- Supercardioid condenser
- 50Hz-20kHz frequency response
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Audio Reference Companding for increased clarity and dynamic range
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Automatic Transmitter Setup
- Backlit LCD with timeout feature