Tube Goodness for Your Mastering Rig!Manley's SLAM! has become standard equipment on the front side of projects, providing amazingly good tube-flavored tones in the form of a pair of mic pres and a an equally good pair of compressors. The SLAM! Mastering Version gives you a super-high-quality signal path, specifically designed for mastering audio at the highest level. So what changes on the mastering version? For starters, the SLAM! Mastering Version skips the mic pres (if you're mastering, why do you need mic pres anyway?). Then it adds more ratios and sonic options to the ELOP section. Manley also offers up more modes on the FET section, too, making the SLAM! Mastering Version even more flexible - not to mention perfectly suited for the finesse needed to master audio.
Tubes Rule! That's the sentiment EveAnna Manley and Manley Labs screams from the mountain top. And judging from the way Manley Labs gear sounds, tubes could very well rule! All of Manley's gear is designed and crafted in Chino, CA, and nothing but premium components are used. The end result is some of the finest gear you can put in your rack. If you're serious about your sound, get Manley and hear what you've been missing!
Manley SLAM! Mastering Version Features at a Glance:
- No mic preamps or instrument inputs. Instead the tube sections are paralleled for lower noise and distortion
- All pots are replaced with rotary switches for detented resettability and easier calibration
- The mastering version has a true hard-wire bypass function, which is not possible on the regular version with mic preamps, etc. What was the Left Bypass, becomes the full Bypass (in stereo and hardwired). No separate L & R bypass buttons
- There are dedicated unbalanced transformerless inputs on the mastering version. What was the Phantom Power switch on the back now selects XLR or 1/4" inputs
- The ELOP limiter now has 5 ratios, which may put it into the compressor/limiter category. The lower ratios may be better suited for complex mixes
- The FET limiter has 5 modes (these last two features replace the INPUT selector)